Only one IV med?

sue35

I am getting a PICC tomorrow and am only going on Zoysn. Usually I do that and tobra but the last time I had ringing in the ears so they stopped the tobra and do not want me to try it this time. Is there no other medicine that does the same job as tobra? I just feel that I won't get better with only one drug

sue35

I am getting a PICC tomorrow and am only going on Zoysn. Usually I do that and tobra but the last time I had ringing in the ears so they stopped the tobra and do not want me to try it this time. Is there no other medicine that does the same job as tobra? I just feel that I won't get better with only one drug

sue35

mag6125

I'm not sure about other med options for you, but I know a lot of times my docs may do a week with just two meds and if my numbers haven't improved very much they'll add my third med I'm usually on. I'd give it a week and see what happens, or ask them what your other options are.

mag6125

I'm not sure about other med options for you, but I know a lot of times my docs may do a week with just two meds and if my numbers haven't improved very much they'll add my third med I'm usually on. I'd give it a week and see what happens, or ask them what your other options are.

mag6125

A

Aspiemom

Sue, I'm in the same situation. I've had reactions to enough spectrums of abx that I only can do Zosyn, Meropenem and Doripenum. Obviously the last 2 are in the same family and you wouldn't do both of them at the same time. I used to piggy back w/ Tobra and had the ear problem, also. I've piggy backed with Cipro but developed a reaction to that, so last time I just did Doripenem and didn't feel like I sprang back as well.

A

Aspiemom

Sue, I'm in the same situation. I've had reactions to enough spectrums of abx that I only can do Zosyn, Meropenem and Doripenum. Obviously the last 2 are in the same family and you wouldn't do both of them at the same time. I used to piggy back w/ Tobra and had the ear problem, also. I've piggy backed with Cipro but developed a reaction to that, so last time I just did Doripenem and didn't feel like I sprang back as well.

A

Aspiemom

rcq925

My daughter is 6 with CF and on Zosyn right now for an excerbation. We usually do Tobramycin and Fortaz, but our doctor wanted to give her a break from that and try Zosyn. So far it seems to be working pretty well and much nicer only having to deal with one med.

rcq925

My daughter is 6 with CF and on Zosyn right now for an excerbation. We usually do Tobramycin and Fortaz, but our doctor wanted to give her a break from that and try Zosyn. So far it seems to be working pretty well and much nicer only having to deal with one med.

rcq925

W

windex125

Keep a close eye on the Tobi, altough I have not seen anyone comment abt this but lost of hearing is a side effect with the TOBI I used it aggressively in the early 90's I got fitted for hearing aids abt 2000 who knew? I just kept saying what to everyone? or answering a question compeletly different from what the answer shd of been. I do not want to alram anyone, that is not my point. But I still get the ringing occassioanlly. I've used Cipro as a second, drug occassionally. I've never just done one. But maybe that is just what you need right now.

W

windex125

Keep a close eye on the Tobi, altough I have not seen anyone comment abt this but lost of hearing is a side effect with the TOBI I used it aggressively in the early 90's I got fitted for hearing aids abt 2000 who knew? I just kept saying what to everyone? or answering a question compeletly different from what the answer shd of been. I do not want to alram anyone, that is not my point. But I still get the ringing occassioanlly. I've used Cipro as a second, drug occassionally. I've never just done one. But maybe that is just what you need right now.

W

windex125

sue35

I have to say it is nice that I only have one med. I am just concerned it won't do its job. But I am also on Cipro and Bactrim so hopefully something works soon!

sue35

I have to say it is nice that I only have one med. I am just concerned it won't do its job. But I am also on Cipro and Bactrim so hopefully something works soon!

sue35

cf4life

Zosyn is actually a combo drug made up of piperacillin and tazobactam. So you are getting two antibiotics in one. It has worked well for me paired with cipro.

cf4life

Zosyn is actually a combo drug made up of piperacillin and tazobactam. So you are getting two antibiotics in one. It has worked well for me paired with cipro.