Opinions/Advice needed

Angel2393

Hey guys,
I been talking to this guy for a little over 8 months now, we had sex for the first time 2 nights ago. Unfortunatly it was in the moment and he didnt use any protection, and im not on any birth control. I know it was a bad decision - I was not thinking clearly. ! He told me that he came in me, and I believe that because he didnt pull out or anything. Is there a high risk I might be pregnant? I know its harder for cf people, but im still worried.
I know its really early to detect anything but i been having stomach pains ever since, and I have never had this before.
Any advice would be great!
thanks

Angel2393

I am only 19 as well. Also tomorrow I go to blood work routine tests, and im afraid maybe pregnancy will be detected? God forbid my mom found out with me telling her, omg.

K

Keepercjr

Angel - how about the morning after pill? Or is that not something you want to do? You wouldn't know if you were pregnant yet and would have no symptoms either. Where are in you in your cycle?

USE PROTECTION next time!!! And get yourself on some birth control asap!

CJPsMom

Aside from the pregnancy issue, please, please, please use protection. You already have CF, I'm sure you don't want or need any additional health issues, like herpes, gonorrhea, syphillis, HIV/AIDS...just to name a few.If you think this is going to be a recurring thing, get something to have on hand so when you're "in the moment", safety isn't too far out of reach.

Angel2393

Yeah, I am afraid to take the morning after pill just because of all my other medications. & yeah i know for next time =[

andrdyb

Angel - it depends on where you are in your cycle. I would call your gynocologist pronto and discuss the whole thing with one of the nurses. They can advise you on the best route - especially in light of all your other medications. Call right now!

Also, I am sure that you have resolved all kinds of things for next time - go ahead and use that motivation to take the actual steps to prepare yourself...like scheduling an appointment to get on birth control or going to the drugstore and picking up some condoms. Trust me when I tell you that the anxiety you're feeling right now will subside when everything passes and you'll likely find yourself in another situation unprepared. It happens to the best of us if we don't take steps to actually arm ourselves.

If you don't have a gyno - call your CF nurse and talk to them, it's just important that you get some sound medical advice ASAP. Believe me - they've heard this before. It happens all the time unfortunately. Just look around, we can see the consequences of it everywhere, so you're not alone...

Angel2393

Thank you andrdyb =] Im kinda embarrassed to call my lung transplant doctor or anything =[ I mean is it true its harder or cf kids to get pregnant>

Angel2393

I dont know where I am in my cycle lol, The start of my last period was sept 12th, and I had sex with him on Sept 27th

K

Keepercjr

Angel

Well the timing wasn't good - you had sex 2 weeks into your cycle which is when most women ovulate. But it *can* be harder for a woman with CF to get pregnant but it isn't a guarantee. Lots of us on here got pregnant without any help. I would call a gyno asap.

mamaScarlett

You shouldn't consider your Cf to have any impact on whether or not you may or may not get pregnant. Some woman have issues getting pregnant, some have absolutely no problem. Its split down the middle. Bottom line-sit tight for 2 weeks and take your test then.The only other STRONG advice I have for you is, since there is a chance you might be getting pregnant, don't drink alcohol, take or smoke any drugs, and call your Cf doctor to speak to the nurse. Tell her the conversation must remain confidential between you two. Tell her there is a chance you are pregnant, and you need to know if any of the Cf meds you are on are dangerous to a baby.

Angel2393

I know, I cant believe I am so stupid... and ya Scarlett I dont drink or do any types of drugs regardless. I am on rejection drugs though for my transplant. Would I feel any signs already? Because I been starving lately!!! oh no.

mamaScarlett

Originally posted by: Angel2393

I know, I cant believe I am so stupid... and ya Scarlett I dont drink or do any types of drugs regardless. I am on rejection drugs though for my transplant. Would I feel any signs already? Because I been starving lately!!! oh no.No you would have absolutely no symptoms yet. You wouldn't experience symptoms for at least 10 days post sex, and even that would be extremely rare for a woman who was trying to get pregnant! Most gals early preg symptoms don't kick in till about 2-3 weeks post ovulation (post sex).

P

patrish22

The stomach pains are probably from the stress you are going through. Yes, it is harder for cf women to get pregnant. As far as your mother finding out, you say you are 19, and legally no one in the medical field is allowed to discuss anything with your mother without your permission, even if her name is on your hippa form, let them know to talk to you first.Therefore I would clarify this with your health care providers at your clinic. They must keep your information private. So don't worry about having b/w done. I'm sure there is someone you can talk to at clinic in confidence (social worker?). I would suggest talking to someone to help aleviate your anxiety. Then get a pregnancy test done when its time. There are lots of early detection kits out there these days. Don't beat yourself up about what you did, hormones make us do dumb things sometimes. But definately talk to someone at clinic.

athanasia

Angel,

If the father of the baby is a carrier, it would be a 50% chance that your baby would have cf. The baby would get a cf gene from you no matter what. If the father is not a carrier, the baby would not have cf but would be a carrier.

Also, depending on what anti-rejection meds you are on, you might have other issues on hand. I say this as a fellow post-transplant cystic who is working to have a baby soon. I know that I have to have my anti-rejection meds changed before then because they are very harmful to a baby. For this, I suggest that you talk to your transplant docs right away because if you were to become pregnant and are on any of the meds that are harmful, the docs will have to talk to you about your options.

As already stated before, you must be extra careful in situations like this as a cf patient and again as a post-transplant patient. Your immune system is compromised meaning it will be much easier for you to catch any of the diseases mentioned and also makes it harder for your body to fight them off. These are all things that you should talk to your transplant docs about. I hope all goes well for you.

T

Tombliboo

I would urge you to speak to someone - your transplant doctors, your CF team (if you still see them), a gynaecologist or your family doctor. Only some women with CF have problems conceiving, I know of many who conceived very quickly and some without even meaning to. As Athanasia has said, some anti-rejection medications can be potentially harmful to a foetus so if you were pregnant and wanted to keep the baby, you would need to discuss this with your doctor as quickly as possible.

Please don't be embarrassed to call your transplant doctor, he/she will totally understand that sometimes these things happen and will not judge you (though will want to feel that you understand not to take these kinds of risks in the future). I'm sure they would much rather speak to you about it and potentially be able to help than not hear from you and have problems occur.

Take care and be brave and make that phonecall! x

Angel2393

thanks guys :D hopefully the father wouldnt be acarrier. I am not hoping to be pregnant but if I were I would want to keep it, ill keep yous posted. I will call them tomorrow, thank you for all your support!