Oral thrush

B

brewz2

My three year old son has just started using Nasonex - maybe going three weeks now, and he a terrible case of oral thrush. I'm taking him to the doctors today to get some Nystatin, but has anyone else had problems with thrush while using Nasonex? The only meds he uses are albuterol, enzymes and now the nasonex. He's been on the albuterol and enzymes for a long time, so I know it's not them. The last antibiotic he was on was back in the beginning of January, so I know it's not that. What else could cause thrush?

B

brewz2

My three year old son has just started using Nasonex - maybe going three weeks now, and he a terrible case of oral thrush. I'm taking him to the doctors today to get some Nystatin, but has anyone else had problems with thrush while using Nasonex? The only meds he uses are albuterol, enzymes and now the nasonex. He's been on the albuterol and enzymes for a long time, so I know it's not them. The last antibiotic he was on was back in the beginning of January, so I know it's not that. What else could cause thrush?

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

B

brewz2

zoe4life

Tracey,

Hi! How ya'll doing?? Hopefully good, besides this nasty thrush. Zoe has been on Nasonex for about 2 years now....never had thrush. Hope that helps. Maybe give them one Culturelle daily would help.
Take care!!

zoe4life

Tracey,

Hi! How ya'll doing?? Hopefully good, besides this nasty thrush. Zoe has been on Nasonex for about 2 years now....never had thrush. Hope that helps. Maybe give them one Culturelle daily would help.
Take care!!

zoe4life

Tracey,

Take care!!

zoe4life

Tracey,

Take care!!

zoe4life

<br />Tracey,
<br />
<br />Hi! How ya'll doing?? Hopefully good, besides this nasty thrush. Zoe has been on Nasonex for about 2 years now....never had thrush. Hope that helps. Maybe give them one Culturelle daily would help.
<br />Take care!!
<br />

july

Hey, according to this source: https://homeremedies.info/oral-thrush/ , yogurt can treat oral thrush. Because Probiotic yogurt is said to be harboring active type of lactobacilli which is effective as a natural treatment for oral thrush. Also, only use the type of plain or unsweetened yogurt for best treatment of oral thrush.

Do you think this way is effective?

Last edited:

mom2two

Brewz, I take advair and it never gives me a problem unless I am concurrently on IV antibiotics. Then I get a nasty case of thrush. I have found, that at least in my case, scrubbing my mouth with Listerine worked really well to get rid of it. But a 3 year old probably wouldnt react well to that.