Oral vs. IV

JazzysMom

If my pfts are slipping, but I am not "sick" then I might do oral & maybe tobi etc.

If I am actually sick they go straight to the iv's because by then orals arent enough.

JazzysMom

If my pfts are slipping, but I am not "sick" then I might do oral & maybe tobi etc.

If I am actually sick they go straight to the iv's because by then orals arent enough.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />If I am actually sick they go straight to the iv's because by then orals arent enough.

Justsmurfin

I alw ays insist of oral and inhaled first. I am very stubborn as I have major antibiotic allergies so IVs mean staying in the hospital the whole time. Which I avoid like the plague. Thankfully the orals and inhaled usually work. Sometimes it takes a combo of orals or a real high dose but it works. I also avoid IVs because I'm afraid of resistance due to the small number of antibiotics I can take.

Justsmurfin

I alw ays insist of oral and inhaled first. I am very stubborn as I have major antibiotic allergies so IVs mean staying in the hospital the whole time. Which I avoid like the plague. Thankfully the orals and inhaled usually work. Sometimes it takes a combo of orals or a real high dose but it works. I also avoid IVs because I'm afraid of resistance due to the small number of antibiotics I can take.

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

Justsmurfin

AnD

I've given up on just orals if I am sick, but I will try orals (usually cipro) and Tobi, and then if I'm better but not <i>all</i> better, Colistin, and then if I'm not really close to baseline, I give up and go in for IVs.

AnD

I've given up on just orals if I am sick, but I will try orals (usually cipro) and Tobi, and then if I'm better but not <i>all</i> better, Colistin, and then if I'm not really close to baseline, I give up and go in for IVs.

AnD

AnD

AnD