OT but need opinions

babycakes

Hey there,
I've been a registered massage therapist for 10 yrs. Physio's don't learn alot of manual massage therapy, they use alot of other machines etc. If you want this to go away you need to let your muscles heal . You can work out like crazy but it sounds to me like you have some thoracic ribs that aren't articulating properly with your spine.
I agree 100% with those who have said do massage and then do chiro. You need to get those muscles loosened up so that the chiro can fix the rib problem. Once the muscles are loose they will be more willing to allow the adjustment . Right now your muscles are stretched out of normal position. Once the ribs are back in place the muscles can shrink back to normal length. It should take 3 tx of massage and chiro to fix it . However, it will probably be a recurring injury.

babycakes

Hey there,
I've been a registered massage therapist for 10 yrs. Physio's don't learn alot of manual massage therapy, they use alot of other machines etc. If you want this to go away you need to let your muscles heal . You can work out like crazy but it sounds to me like you have some thoracic ribs that aren't articulating properly with your spine.
I agree 100% with those who have said do massage and then do chiro. You need to get those muscles loosened up so that the chiro can fix the rib problem. Once the muscles are loose they will be more willing to allow the adjustment . Right now your muscles are stretched out of normal position. Once the ribs are back in place the muscles can shrink back to normal length. It should take 3 tx of massage and chiro to fix it . However, it will probably be a recurring injury.