OTC Cold meds

consmom

OUr Cf doc has always told us to use a over the counter cold med. There is a specific formula that is recomended but it has been so long I do not remember which one (now I am jinxing us )
The only other thing I can say is an extra neb treatment but with a mask instead. We got one from the CF clinic and it did help loosen his nasal passage also. You can also put a pillow under the mattress to raise his his head ( this way he will not roll off the pillow )
Other than that I used to drink lots of coffee and prop him up on me with a towell and just wait it out.
I do agree that you do not want to dry it out but you also need to find out why it is happening. We went through this with Conor and in the end they put him on Bromfenex pd and Zyrtec which has done the job even when he does have a cold.
Good Luck!! hope something works

consmom

OUr Cf doc has always told us to use a over the counter cold med. There is a specific formula that is recomended but it has been so long I do not remember which one (now I am jinxing us )
The only other thing I can say is an extra neb treatment but with a mask instead. We got one from the CF clinic and it did help loosen his nasal passage also. You can also put a pillow under the mattress to raise his his head ( this way he will not roll off the pillow )
Other than that I used to drink lots of coffee and prop him up on me with a towell and just wait it out.
I do agree that you do not want to dry it out but you also need to find out why it is happening. We went through this with Conor and in the end they put him on Bromfenex pd and Zyrtec which has done the job even when he does have a cold.

consmom

consmom

consmom

DEES4

I have been told by our cf clinic that the yellow triaminic is fine to give my son. It is an expectorant and not a supressant so I don't know if it will do exactly what you are looking for it to do. It seems to help my son some when he has a cold.
Carrie

DEES4

I have been told by our cf clinic that the yellow triaminic is fine to give my son. It is an expectorant and not a supressant so I don't know if it will do exactly what you are looking for it to do. It seems to help my son some when he has a cold.
Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

DEES4

Carrie

robert321

mucinex is guafinisin except in a pill form so if he doesn't like the liquid meds (i know i hate them) you could give him that but you won't get the other effects like the throat soothing

robert321

mucinex is guafinisin except in a pill form so if he doesn't like the liquid meds (i know i hate them) you could give him that but you won't get the other effects like the throat soothing

robert321

robert321

robert321

M

Mommafirst

Our doc said NO cold meds at all and NO tylenol. For the reasons above and the fact that many meds are absorbed through the liver and kidney and not organs you want a CFer to aggrevate.

M

Mommafirst

Our doc said NO cold meds at all and NO tylenol. For the reasons above and the fact that many meds are absorbed through the liver and kidney and not organs you want a CFer to aggrevate.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst