Other Genetic Diseases

JennifersHope

Hi,

In chat we were talking the other night and I realized that other ppl have in addition to CF, gentic disease.. It has me curious......

What other gentic diseases do you or your immediate family have...

Me...

Cystic Fibrosis,
Adrenal Insufficency
Bickerstaff Syndrome

Parents are healthy besides for non genetic stuff,

Grandparents,

Dementia

Aunt ( my dads sister

Cystic Fibrosis--- Suspected she died at 2 years old
Cousins
Bi-Polar----both sides of family

JennifersHope

Hi,

In chat we were talking the other night and I realized that other ppl have in addition to CF, gentic disease.. It has me curious......

Me...

Cystic Fibrosis,
Adrenal Insufficency
Bickerstaff Syndrome

Grandparents,

Dementia

Aunt ( my dads sister

Cousins

JennifersHope

Hi,

Me...

Cystic Fibrosis,
Adrenal Insufficency
Bickerstaff Syndrome

Grandparents,

Dementia

Aunt ( my dads sister

Cousins

Emily65Roses

Well not everything is 100% genetic... but:

My dad has Parkinson's (and related dementia)
My grandfather had Alzheimer's
My sister has a genetic clotting disorder called Von Willebrand's (it's kind of an offshoot of hemophilia)

We've had several cancers in the family (uterus in my grandmother, prostate in my grandfather, brain in my uncle, I think breast in my grandma) I may be forgetting some cancers, I'm not sure.

I think that's all. I have a pretty big family and our genes suck so I may be forgetting someone, but that's all I can get for now.

Oh!! And I'm the only one with CF, in the whole family. My sister doesn't even carry it.

Emily65Roses

My sister has a genetic clotting disorder called Von Willebrand's (it's kind of an offshoot of hemophilia)

We've had several cancers in the family (uterus in my grandmother, prostate in my grandfather, brain in my uncle, I think breast in my grandma) I may be forgetting some cancers, I'm not sure.

I think that's all. I have a pretty big family and our genes suck so I may be forgetting someone, but that's all I can get for now.

Oh!! And I'm the only one with CF, in the whole family. My sister doesn't even carry it.

Emily65Roses

AnD

I have mild scoliosis, and heart disease runs in my family. Other than that, nothing I know of.

AnD

I have mild scoliosis, and heart disease runs in my family. Other than that, nothing I know of.

AnD

LisaV

alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
Marfan syndrome <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.marfan.org/nmf/GetContentRequestHandler.do?menu_item_id=4">http://www.marfan.org/nmf/GetC...dler.do?menu_item_id=4</a>

LisaV

Marfan syndrome <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.marfan.org/nmf/GetContentRequestHandler.do?menu_item_id=4">http://www.marfan.org/nmf/GetC...dler.do?menu_item_id=4</a>

LisaV

serendipity730

Lisa,
Wow! I am a CF and a genetic counselor, and I must say you would make an interesting patient. CF is all that is known to be in my family, and out of about 45 second degrees relatives, I am the only one who has CF. Un"luck" of the draw!

serendipity730

Lisa,
Wow! I am a CF and a genetic counselor, and I must say you would make an interesting patient. CF is all that is known to be in my family, and out of about 45 second degrees relatives, I am the only one who has CF. Un"luck" of the draw!

serendipity730

Lisa,

thefrogprincess

Diabetes on both sides of the family, heart disease, arthritis, depression, bipolar (suspected), ALS (but not in a blood relative), several different cancers.

thefrogprincess

Diabetes on both sides of the family, heart disease, arthritis, depression, bipolar (suspected), ALS (but not in a blood relative), several different cancers.

thefrogprincess