Out of the hospital

tabbycat821

Ok so for anyone who has read or maybe not read my other posts my 8 week old son had been vomiting for a few weeks and when we saw the Dr. last week he upped all the meds and the enzymes. Well the vomiting didn't get better in fact it got worse, on Saturday he threw up 4 times. On Sunday he threw up his first feeding and I called the Dr. who sent us to the emergency room at the hospital where we see our cf Dr. They ended up admitting our son and putting him on a bunch of machines. They put him on GoLytely after finding a small partial obstruction of his bowel. They kept waiting for it to come out which of course it wouldn't so he had to stay on the GoLytely until today when it cleared. Now not letting an 8week old eat for 2 days is hard on everyone. We had a rough couple days and lots of x-rays and films. They wanted to keep us one more day but we needed to care for our other children too anf we're not too far from the hospital so they let us go home. This was our first major CF thing since he was diagnosed. He has not vomited since he ate today which is promising. We have to watch him the next few days.I learned that you have to have a thick skin to deal with CF as you never know what might get thrown at you.

tabbycat821

Ok so for anyone who has read or maybe not read my other posts my 8 week old son had been vomiting for a few weeks and when we saw the Dr. last week he upped all the meds and the enzymes. Well the vomiting didn't get better in fact it got worse, on Saturday he threw up 4 times. On Sunday he threw up his first feeding and I called the Dr. who sent us to the emergency room at the hospital where we see our cf Dr. They ended up admitting our son and putting him on a bunch of machines. They put him on GoLytely after finding a small partial obstruction of his bowel. They kept waiting for it to come out which of course it wouldn't so he had to stay on the GoLytely until today when it cleared. Now not letting an 8week old eat for 2 days is hard on everyone. We had a rough couple days and lots of x-rays and films. They wanted to keep us one more day but we needed to care for our other children too anf we're not too far from the hospital so they let us go home. This was our first major CF thing since he was diagnosed. He has not vomited since he ate today which is promising. We have to watch him the next few days.I learned that you have to have a thick skin to deal with CF as you never know what might get thrown at you.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

cynth

i know how hard it is to feel like you cant help them and you want to make them better and it sucks when you cant help. I have a 12 year old who has cf and most of the time im positive and keep things together but there are those times when i cant. I try to pray abt my problems and then i think how thankful i am to only be dealing with this and try to tell myself it cld be worse and then i try to talk to people that will listen and dont think im a complainer. Keep your head up and i will be here if you need to talk and will pray for your family.

Cynth mom of Bryce 12 cf, Alex 8 and bell 6.

cynth

i know how hard it is to feel like you cant help them and you want to make them better and it sucks when you cant help. I have a 12 year old who has cf and most of the time im positive and keep things together but there are those times when i cant. I try to pray abt my problems and then i think how thankful i am to only be dealing with this and try to tell myself it cld be worse and then i try to talk to people that will listen and dont think im a complainer. Keep your head up and i will be here if you need to talk and will pray for your family.

cynth

cynth

cynth

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Cynth mom of Bryce 12 cf, Alex 8 and bell 6.

M

Mommafirst

Sorry to hear its been so rough. My daughter suffers from blockage problems. Definitely keep an eye out in the future for vomiting -- unfortunatly kids who get this, tend to have recurrences. Have they talked about using miralax regularly for him?

I'm glad you are home and hope you don't see the hospital for a long time!!

M

Mommafirst

Sorry to hear its been so rough. My daughter suffers from blockage problems. Definitely keep an eye out in the future for vomiting -- unfortunatly kids who get this, tend to have recurrences. Have they talked about using miralax regularly for him?

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />I'm glad you are home and hope you don't see the hospital for a long time!!

haleyAISstudent

My name is Haley I attend the art institute of Seattle. i have done lots of fundraisers for CF back in Ohio where i am from. the organization i helped with and the little girl i helped can be found on this link. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fox19.com/global/Ca...=106645&autoStart=true">http://www.fox19.com/global/Ca...=106645&autoStart=true</a> her personal website is on annas-army.com ... i have been with this organization for five years. The little girl in that story passed away two weeks ago. so my point is i am a video student at the art institute of Seattle. for my quarter project i am doing a documentary and commercial on CF. i plan on interviewing doctors and families. the idea is to get people to donate money for the cause and research and to inform them of this disease. any money made or donated will go to great strides. any families in the Seattle area who have children with CF or children who have passed from CF who would be intreseted please e-mail me at haleykarnes@yahoo.com.

haleyAISstudent

My name is Haley I attend the art institute of Seattle. i have done lots of fundraisers for CF back in Ohio where i am from. the organization i helped with and the little girl i helped can be found on this link. <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.fox19.com/global/Ca...=106645&autoStart=true">http://www.fox19.com/global/Ca...=106645&autoStart=true</a> her personal website is on annas-army.com ... i have been with this organization for five years. The little girl in that story passed away two weeks ago. so my point is i am a video student at the art institute of Seattle. for my quarter project i am doing a documentary and commercial on CF. i plan on interviewing doctors and families. the idea is to get people to donate money for the cause and research and to inform them of this disease. any money made or donated will go to great strides. any families in the Seattle area who have children with CF or children who have passed from CF who would be intreseted please e-mail me at haleykarnes@yahoo.com.

haleyAISstudent

haleyAISstudent

haleyAISstudent