Overnight Feeds?

Tcole

My daughter is on night feeds over 12 hrs and some feeds at nap time during the day. It seems like we are pushing her full of formula all day. At night she runs at 54ml/hr. So in the morning she blows out of her diaper and we have a huge mess to clean before we can start the day. The last three visits to the CF Clinic she has been on "Green" meaning weight and height combined she is right above 50%. They are pleased with her growth. On top of pushing formula, i also give her table food and baby food. She is a pretty good eater. The CF nutritionist are so concerned about her failing and don't want to change anything. My problem is she would eat more table/baby food if we let her belly rest a while. She looks like a pregnant baby at times. They want her to eat 1000 to 1100 cals a day. What does everyone else do? Thanks

Tcole

My daughter is on night feeds over 12 hrs and some feeds at nap time during the day. It seems like we are pushing her full of formula all day. At night she runs at 54ml/hr. So in the morning she blows out of her diaper and we have a huge mess to clean before we can start the day. The last three visits to the CF Clinic she has been on "Green" meaning weight and height combined she is right above 50%. They are pleased with her growth. On top of pushing formula, i also give her table food and baby food. She is a pretty good eater. The CF nutritionist are so concerned about her failing and don't want to change anything. My problem is she would eat more table/baby food if we let her belly rest a while. She looks like a pregnant baby at times. They want her to eat 1000 to 1100 cals a day. What does everyone else do? Thanks

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole

M

Mommafirst

My daughter only gets overnight feed. She goes 6 hours at 60/ml per hour. I set it to stop around 4am so she has time to rest before breakfast and she's pretty hungry by breakfast time.

One thing, is it possible that Grayson needs more enzymes through the night? Alyssa is quite a bit older than Grayson and she's also mostly pancreatic sufficient, but we never wake up to blow outs. She usually doesn't go until later in the morning. I usually start her feed around 10pm, and with it I give her enzymes. But then I also go in around midnight and add applesauce and enzymes to the feed again for the rest of the night. Maybe this will help with your blowouts??

How well does Grayson do with speedy feeds? Maybe you could bolus her half her nights feed before she goes to bed (up the speed to get it into her in like an hour) and then do another one first thing in the morning. Some pumps will let you set it to feed stop and then start again (interval I think is the setting -- at least on the Zevex Infinity I have).

I hope this all helps!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

My daughter only gets overnight feed. She goes 6 hours at 60/ml per hour. I set it to stop around 4am so she has time to rest before breakfast and she's pretty hungry by breakfast time.

One thing, is it possible that Grayson needs more enzymes through the night? Alyssa is quite a bit older than Grayson and she's also mostly pancreatic sufficient, but we never wake up to blow outs. She usually doesn't go until later in the morning. I usually start her feed around 10pm, and with it I give her enzymes. But then I also go in around midnight and add applesauce and enzymes to the feed again for the rest of the night. Maybe this will help with your blowouts??

How well does Grayson do with speedy feeds? Maybe you could bolus her half her nights feed before she goes to bed (up the speed to get it into her in like an hour) and then do another one first thing in the morning. Some pumps will let you set it to feed stop and then start again (interval I think is the setting -- at least on the Zevex Infinity I have).

I hope this all helps!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

I hope this all helps!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

I hope this all helps!

Heather

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />One thing, is it possible that Grayson needs more enzymes through the night? Alyssa is quite a bit older than Grayson and she's also mostly pancreatic sufficient, but we never wake up to blow outs. She usually doesn't go until later in the morning. I usually start her feed around 10pm, and with it I give her enzymes. But then I also go in around midnight and add applesauce and enzymes to the feed again for the rest of the night. Maybe this will help with your blowouts??
<br />
<br />How well does Grayson do with speedy feeds? Maybe you could bolus her half her nights feed before she goes to bed (up the speed to get it into her in like an hour) and then do another one first thing in the morning. Some pumps will let you set it to feed stop and then start again (interval I think is the setting -- at least on the Zevex Infinity I have).
<br />
<br />I hope this all helps!
<br />
<br />Heather

Tcole

Do you add enzymes to her feeds or do you wake her to give more enzymes? Our dr wants us to get sleep and they don't want to wake her either.

Tcole

Do you add enzymes to her feeds or do you wake her to give more enzymes? Our dr wants us to get sleep and they don't want to wake her either.

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole

crickit715

i run sophies feeding tube for 10 hrs at 42 ml/per hr....sophies also gets 3/4 tsp viokase (a power enzyme) mixed with the bag at the beginning...if you arent giving any enzyme with the all night feeding you will definatley have problems....sophie was having huge blow outs each morning and they increased her viokase and it has helped!..i also started giving sophie bananas and/or cheese as a snack before bed!! i am familiar with the "up the back and front" blowouts, and the "tubbies" at 7am to start the day, lol!! it still happens on occasion, but not as frequent since the increase in viokase. ( i would ask my dr about adding the viokase, it just mixes with the formula and you pour it in the bag). i dont think i would ever give a tube feeding without the powder enzyme, it would be a mess!!! hope this helps....

crickit715

i run sophies feeding tube for 10 hrs at 42 ml/per hr....sophies also gets 3/4 tsp viokase (a power enzyme) mixed with the bag at the beginning...if you arent giving any enzyme with the all night feeding you will definatley have problems....sophie was having huge blow outs each morning and they increased her viokase and it has helped!..i also started giving sophie bananas and/or cheese as a snack before bed!! i am familiar with the "up the back and front" blowouts, and the "tubbies" at 7am to start the day, lol!! it still happens on occasion, but not as frequent since the increase in viokase. ( i would ask my dr about adding the viokase, it just mixes with the formula and you pour it in the bag). i dont think i would ever give a tube feeding without the powder enzyme, it would be a mess!!! hope this helps....

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715