Oxygen at night - terrified

stillkicking

I felt better the first night after I started using O2 at night. I woke up feeling more alive than I could ever recall, it was incredible! When I started O2, it was to be used at night and then during the day if needed. It was about 2 1/2 years after I started using it that I became totally O2 dependent. But in my situation I have completely resistant bugs, so IV anti's don't help or do anything to improve my lung function. I know of several other people who have been supplementing O2 at night for years and have done just fine and haven't needed it during the day, so my results aren't necessarily typical.

stillkicking

I felt better the first night after I started using O2 at night. I woke up feeling more alive than I could ever recall, it was incredible! When I started O2, it was to be used at night and then during the day if needed. It was about 2 1/2 years after I started using it that I became totally O2 dependent. But in my situation I have completely resistant bugs, so IV anti's don't help or do anything to improve my lung function. I know of several other people who have been supplementing O2 at night for years and have done just fine and haven't needed it during the day, so my results aren't necessarily typical.

nocode

Thanks stillkicking. Also, can O2 create dependency? You know how it is, you body gets used to it and then it thinks it needs it more than it does. Is this a risk with O2 for us?

nocode

Thanks stillkicking. Also, can O2 create dependency? You know how it is, you body gets used to it and then it thinks it needs it more than it does. Is this a risk with O2 for us?

stillkicking

I have been told that, that is a medical myth. I asked my Dr., resp. therapist, and others if that was a possibility and they all said no. If your sats are indicating your body needs O2 supplementation, and you use it as the doctor prescribes, you'll only help your body, not make it dependent.

stillkicking

I have been told that, that is a medical myth. I asked my Dr., resp. therapist, and others if that was a possibility and they all said no. If your sats are indicating your body needs O2 supplementation, and you use it as the doctor prescribes, you'll only help your body, not make it dependent.