Oxygen Concentrator Question

mamerth

I have been on night time oxygen for a couple of weeks. I am renting a concentrator.....
When I go to bed I set the oxygen on 2 liters. Some mornings it is slight lower than 2 liters (more like 1.75 liters). Why would the liter level drop during the night?? No one in my house is touching the concentrator during the night. The liters don't always drop during the night. Some morings I wake up and it is still on 2 liters.
We had issues with the first concentrator that they brought out...it was less than 2 liters EVERY single morning so that brought me out a new concentrator. This one seems to do a bit better.
Is this normal or is there something wrong with the rental companies machines??? Can other things affect the machine to lower the liters??

mamerth

I have been on night time oxygen for a couple of weeks. I am renting a concentrator.....
When I go to bed I set the oxygen on 2 liters. Some mornings it is slight lower than 2 liters (more like 1.75 liters). Why would the liter level drop during the night?? No one in my house is touching the concentrator during the night. The liters don't always drop during the night. Some morings I wake up and it is still on 2 liters.
We had issues with the first concentrator that they brought out...it was less than 2 liters EVERY single morning so that brought me out a new concentrator. This one seems to do a bit better.
Is this normal or is there something wrong with the rental companies machines??? Can other things affect the machine to lower the liters??

JustDucky

I would have someone from the rental company come out and check it to make sure the concentrator is accurate, they have a device that does just this. I think it has to read at least 96% accuracy....that is what my DME company requires, it could be different with yours . I too have a concentrator, sometimes I see it fluctuate a little, but for the most part, the O2 delivery is dead on. The only time I have ever seen that, is when I needed higher flow O2, like 6 liters and above. I wonder if something is going on with the air intake that would make it drop in your case....

Hope it works out for you and they figure out what is happening or if this is a normal variation.

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

I would have someone from the rental company come out and check it to make sure the concentrator is accurate, they have a device that does just this. I think it has to read at least 96% accuracy....that is what my DME company requires, it could be different with yours . I too have a concentrator, sometimes I see it fluctuate a little, but for the most part, the O2 delivery is dead on. The only time I have ever seen that, is when I needed higher flow O2, like 6 liters and above. I wonder if something is going on with the air intake that would make it drop in your case....

Hope it works out for you and they figure out what is happening or if this is a normal variation.

Jenn 40 wCF

mamerth

Thank you for the feedback. It is not super far off.... I am just a perfectionist with my health and my machines.

mamerth

Thank you for the feedback. It is not super far off.... I am just a perfectionist with my health and my machines.