Oxygen problem

JennifersHope

I was intubated and then flown to USC on Thanksgiving. I was extubated a few o2 days later and am now in a regular room, for the first few days after being extubated I had to go on helium oxygen to help keep my sats up,

At rest with a full mask on they can keep my sats at around 94, but as soon as I talk, eat or move around my sats are dropping so low,

I am unable to walk without coughing so hard I wet myself or worse.

My chest CT shows inflammation in the lungs, as well as edema and water. I also have an enlarged heart.

I most likely was told I will need to go home on oxygen. I already have oxygen an bipap at home but I need to get the portable tanks for when I am driving or out. I do not want the green tanks that you push, I wnt the portable btttles that I can carry oh jy shouolder and or in a backpack
I only have medicaid but my work said they would be willing to help pay for what medicaid won't pay.

Help please, sorry my typing is so bad I am on a lot of anti spasmarticsa and my eyes are killing me

JennifersHope

I was intubated and then flown to USC on Thanksgiving. I was extubated a few o2 days later and am now in a regular room, for the first few days after being extubated I had to go on helium oxygen to help keep my sats up,

At rest with a full mask on they can keep my sats at around 94, but as soon as I talk, eat or move around my sats are dropping so low,

I am unable to walk without coughing so hard I wet myself or worse.

My chest CT shows inflammation in the lungs, as well as edema and water. I also have an enlarged heart.

I most likely was told I will need to go home on oxygen. I already have oxygen an bipap at home but I need to get the portable tanks for when I am driving or out. I do not want the green tanks that you push, I wnt the portable btttles that I can carry oh jy shouolder and or in a backpack
I only have medicaid but my work said they would be willing to help pay for what medicaid won't pay.

Help please, sorry my typing is so bad I am on a lot of anti spasmarticsa and my eyes are killing me

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />At rest with a full mask on they can keep my sats at around 94, but as soon as I talk, eat or move around my sats are dropping so low,
<br />
<br />I am unable to walk without coughing so hard I wet myself or worse.
<br />
<br />My chest CT shows inflammation in the lungs, as well as edema and water. I also have an enlarged heart.
<br />
<br />I most likely was told I will need to go home on oxygen. I already have oxygen an bipap at home but I need to get the portable tanks for when I am driving or out. I do not want the green tanks that you push, I wnt the portable btttles that I can carry oh jy shouolder and or in a backpack
<br />I only have medicaid but my work said they would be willing to help pay for what medicaid won't pay.
<br />
<br />Help please, sorry my typing is so bad I am on a lot of anti spasmarticsa and my eyes are killing me

JustDucky

My god Jenn! Sorry you are so sick. I sure hope they get your asthma under control and soon. As far as O2, I have the green tanks so I can't help you there. I put mine in a backpack though, it makes it easier to handle. They have the small M6 tanks that are very portable, you just need to use a conserver as your regulator so that those small bottles can last as long as the D tanks. Some people don't do well with conservers though, I am one of them, I feel better with constant O2 flow, so I am stuck with my D tanks. I do know of others who use liquid O2 and have those tiny tanks that they fill with their liquid Ox tanks...I think one system is Helios.
I wish I had more info...maybe someone will chime in. Hang in there and get out of there soon!
Hugs and good vibes your way,
Jenn

JustDucky

My god Jenn! Sorry you are so sick. I sure hope they get your asthma under control and soon. As far as O2, I have the green tanks so I can't help you there. I put mine in a backpack though, it makes it easier to handle. They have the small M6 tanks that are very portable, you just need to use a conserver as your regulator so that those small bottles can last as long as the D tanks. Some people don't do well with conservers though, I am one of them, I feel better with constant O2 flow, so I am stuck with my D tanks. I do know of others who use liquid O2 and have those tiny tanks that they fill with their liquid Ox tanks...I think one system is Helios.
I wish I had more info...maybe someone will chime in. Hang in there and get out of there soon!
Hugs and good vibes your way,
Jenn

JustDucky

<br />I wish I had more info...maybe someone will chime in. Hang in there and get out of there soon!
<br />Hugs and good vibes your way,
<br />Jenn

deanna

Omg, Jennifer...
I have talked to you a couple of times, but it has been a couple of years.
I was reading all of your testing stuff nad am still a little speechless.
Are you at USC in cali? I didn't think you lived in Calif, but I guess maybe you moved.
i am on O2 full time, I get the little tanks ( life saver). I have medicare, and they pay for evrything. I don't think you should have a problem getting them covered. There has never been an issue for me between the 2 types.
Sorry about your thanksgiving, if i remember correctly you moved into your house around that time of year also, maybe not. Well I also am followed at USc and have really grown to like it there.

deanna

Omg, Jennifer...
I have talked to you a couple of times, but it has been a couple of years.
I was reading all of your testing stuff nad am still a little speechless.
Are you at USC in cali? I didn't think you lived in Calif, but I guess maybe you moved.
i am on O2 full time, I get the little tanks ( life saver). I have medicare, and they pay for evrything. I don't think you should have a problem getting them covered. There has never been an issue for me between the 2 types.
Sorry about your thanksgiving, if i remember correctly you moved into your house around that time of year also, maybe not. Well I also am followed at USc and have really grown to like it there.

deanna

Omg, Jennifer...
<br /> I have talked to you a couple of times, but it has been a couple of years.
<br /> I was reading all of your testing stuff nad am still a little speechless.
<br /> Are you at USC in cali? I didn't think you lived in Calif, but I guess maybe you moved.
<br /> i am on O2 full time, I get the little tanks ( life saver). I have medicare, and they pay for evrything. I don't think you should have a problem getting them covered. There has never been an issue for me between the 2 types.
<br /> Sorry about your thanksgiving, if i remember correctly you moved into your house around that time of year also, maybe not. Well I also am followed at USc and have really grown to like it there.

Liza

How much oxygen are you on? Going home on? We bought a portable oxygen concentrator for Anna' but it only goes up to 3 ltrs, so if you need more it won't work for you. Here's the link anyway though. Convenience was pricey, I'll admit.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.lifechoiceoxygen.com/products.php
">http://www.lifechoiceoxygen.com/products.php
</a>
Helios, I have heard is great. It wouldn't work for us though because you can not take it on a plane, which we needed because her tx clinic was in Ohio and she lived in NE.

Liza

How much oxygen are you on? Going home on? We bought a portable oxygen concentrator for Anna' but it only goes up to 3 ltrs, so if you need more it won't work for you. Here's the link anyway though. Convenience was pricey, I'll admit.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.lifechoiceoxygen.com/products.php
</a>
Helios, I have heard is great. It wouldn't work for us though because you can not take it on a plane, which we needed because her tx clinic was in Ohio and she lived in NE.

Liza

<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.lifechoiceoxygen.com/products.php
</a><br />
<br />Helios, I have heard is great. It wouldn't work for us though because you can not take it on a plane, which we needed because her tx clinic was in Ohio and she lived in NE.

JennifersHope

Hey Thanks, I didn't mean to say usc I mean to say MUSC. I live in SC. Yesterday was a fog for me...

I don't know anything yet. I have two small tanks that my friend went and got for me that will last the two hour car ride home.

Right now if I sit still, don't talk or move I can keep my sats pretty high on a cool mist mask with about 4 liters.

I am not sure where I stand, Yesterday I was told I had PCP pneumonia, today they are not sure. I hate the weekends here because the covering doctors dont know their butt from their elbow.

Overall I think I am getting better but I am on a ton of drugs, I mean a ton, antispsmatics to help with the laryneal spasms, ativan because I am losing my mind, cough medicine with codiene in it, and nebs every few hours.

What is so alarming is my sats can'[t keeop up, this has never been a problem for me before. My heart also is enlarged on one report but not on the othere,,,, But over all the heart is functioning wonderfully.

My amazing bosses and friends I work with are going to help me get the back pack o2 tank so I can just strap it on and go. I can't deal with wheeling around a green o2 strap when less then two weeks ago I was running/jogging 5 k several times a week.

They are also talking about doing biopsys of the lungs to see what the heck is going on

Hopefully I can go home just on two liters and get that backpack. I know it is a stupid thing to be concerned about especially because they think I have PCP pneumonia but for some reason I am obsessed with diet pepsi, unsweet tea, the back pack and having my room totally decorated for christmas.. I even have my stocking hung and christmas PJS I guess you have to control what you can right?

JennifersHope

Hey Thanks, I didn't mean to say usc I mean to say MUSC. I live in SC. Yesterday was a fog for me...

I don't know anything yet. I have two small tanks that my friend went and got for me that will last the two hour car ride home.

Right now if I sit still, don't talk or move I can keep my sats pretty high on a cool mist mask with about 4 liters.

I am not sure where I stand, Yesterday I was told I had PCP pneumonia, today they are not sure. I hate the weekends here because the covering doctors dont know their butt from their elbow.

Overall I think I am getting better but I am on a ton of drugs, I mean a ton, antispsmatics to help with the laryneal spasms, ativan because I am losing my mind, cough medicine with codiene in it, and nebs every few hours.

What is so alarming is my sats can'[t keeop up, this has never been a problem for me before. My heart also is enlarged on one report but not on the othere,,,, But over all the heart is functioning wonderfully.

My amazing bosses and friends I work with are going to help me get the back pack o2 tank so I can just strap it on and go. I can't deal with wheeling around a green o2 strap when less then two weeks ago I was running/jogging 5 k several times a week.

They are also talking about doing biopsys of the lungs to see what the heck is going on

Hopefully I can go home just on two liters and get that backpack. I know it is a stupid thing to be concerned about especially because they think I have PCP pneumonia but for some reason I am obsessed with diet pepsi, unsweet tea, the back pack and having my room totally decorated for christmas.. I even have my stocking hung and christmas PJS I guess you have to control what you can right?

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I don't know anything yet. I have two small tanks that my friend went and got for me that will last the two hour car ride home.
<br />
<br />Right now if I sit still, don't talk or move I can keep my sats pretty high on a cool mist mask with about 4 liters.
<br />
<br />I am not sure where I stand, Yesterday I was told I had PCP pneumonia, today they are not sure. I hate the weekends here because the covering doctors dont know their butt from their elbow.
<br />
<br />Overall I think I am getting better but I am on a ton of drugs, I mean a ton, antispsmatics to help with the laryneal spasms, ativan because I am losing my mind, cough medicine with codiene in it, and nebs every few hours.
<br />
<br />What is so alarming is my sats can'[t keeop up, this has never been a problem for me before. My heart also is enlarged on one report but not on the othere,,,, But over all the heart is functioning wonderfully.
<br />
<br />My amazing bosses and friends I work with are going to help me get the back pack o2 tank so I can just strap it on and go. I can't deal with wheeling around a green o2 strap when less then two weeks ago I was running/jogging 5 k several times a week.
<br />
<br />They are also talking about doing biopsys of the lungs to see what the heck is going on
<br />
<br />Hopefully I can go home just on two liters and get that backpack. I know it is a stupid thing to be concerned about especially because they think I have PCP pneumonia but for some reason I am obsessed with diet pepsi, unsweet tea, the back pack and having my room totally decorated for christmas.. I even have my stocking hung and christmas PJS I guess you have to control what you can right?