Oxygen Sat level

sweetdeal

At my clinic apt Friday my oxygen sat level was 93%. Normally I am 98-99%. I just wonder if this is something I should be worried about, or if this is normal?? I should add that my FEV1 is 30% - I struggle with trying to improve this.

Just looking to be more educated, thanks!

sweetdeal

At my clinic apt Friday my oxygen sat level was 93%. Normally I am 98-99%. I just wonder if this is something I should be worried about, or if this is normal?? I should add that my FEV1 is 30% - I struggle with trying to improve this.

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

sweetdeal

JennifersHope

I would ask your doctor, but if your PFTS are in the 30's and you O2 level is that high I think you are doing good but check with your dr..

Two things you need to do to qualify for O2, and unfortunatly I learned.. One is doing the six minute walk test to see if you desaturate below 88 .. and the other is a sleep study test that monitors your oxygen level if it goes under 88, if they do then you qualify for o2.

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...

JennifersHope

I would ask your doctor, but if your PFTS are in the 30's and you O2 level is that high I think you are doing good but check with your dr..

Two things you need to do to qualify for O2, and unfortunatly I learned.. One is doing the six minute walk test to see if you desaturate below 88 .. and the other is a sleep study test that monitors your oxygen level if it goes under 88, if they do then you qualify for o2.

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JennifersHope</b></i>

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...</end quote></div>

Qualify for according to who? I never had anything other then the doctor ordering it. At the time I fluctuated with my sats especially when sleeping. I was attached to an 02 sat night/day because it varied so much, but never did a sleep study or walk test.

Guess it depends on the insurance also. I know Medicare requires a lower 02 then my insurance does.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>JennifersHope</b></i>

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...</end quote></div>

Qualify for according to who? I never had anything other then the doctor ordering it. At the time I fluctuated with my sats especially when sleeping. I was attached to an 02 sat night/day because it varied so much, but never did a sleep study or walk test.

Guess it depends on the insurance also. I know Medicare requires a lower 02 then my insurance does.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...</end quote>

JazzysMom

That is really all I know...Normal range of O2 pulse ox is 95-100... so you are a little below...</end quote>

JustDucky

Medicare is a real booger about O2 coverage...the parameters are exactly as Jennifer said. I guess it does depend on the insurance. I know I had to do the walk, do the study...but I had more neuromuscular issues so perhaps that factored into it. I did flunk...I desated to 82 with exercise and my sleep study (at a sleep lab, they measured my POX as well as apneic spells...sadly I needed BiPAP as well). It wouldn't hurt to ask the clinic for an exercise/sleep POX test though just to be sure. Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

Medicare is a real booger about O2 coverage...the parameters are exactly as Jennifer said. I guess it does depend on the insurance. I know I had to do the walk, do the study...but I had more neuromuscular issues so perhaps that factored into it. I did flunk...I desated to 82 with exercise and my sleep study (at a sleep lab, they measured my POX as well as apneic spells...sadly I needed BiPAP as well). It wouldn't hurt to ask the clinic for an exercise/sleep POX test though just to be sure. Hugs, Jenn

JustDucky

JustDucky

JustDucky