Pain in lung

kmhbeauty

I am having a pain in my lung under my armpit put closer towards my back. I don't feel it too much when Im sitting but when Im moving around, I feel it. I almost couldn't get through my work shift last night but I had no choice but to keep working. Is this caused by inflammation maybe? I feel fine otherwise and I am not sick. I don't have an appointment with my doc til end of feb and I will not go to ER because they never know what to do with me and I can not afford to my any of my shifts. I live almost less than pay check to paycheck. This is why I try to understand whats going on myself by doing research and see if there is anything natural that I can do.

J

Jeana_Lynn

Could you have pulled an intercostal muscle between the ribs? Or does it feel deeper?

kmhbeauty

No its deeper and does not feel like muscle. I havnt done anything to pull a muscle. I don't feel it more with deep breaths, I jut feel it about every min. I swear, its always something with cf

I don't know anything about this but I would at the least call your doctors office and explain your symptoms and ask what you can do. I have heard of mucous plugs but I don't know anything about if this is what may be causing this? I would call your doctor especially since it is every minute or two. They have someone after hours on call. You could explain that you do not want to come till your next appointment and ask what you can do. I understand the pinch of money. My husband and I started out poor and even though we have alot more now than when we started 30 years ago, we are always broke.

nmw0615

I had something similar on Thanksgiving. It was a sharp, stabbing pain. I got in touch with my docs and they thought it might be a mucus plug since I wasn't displaying any other symptoms. I'd definitely call your doctor, though.

Oboe

Could've just slept wrong. I've done that. Just took a tylenol and rolled with it. If it's not affecting your breathing or your cough, I wouldn't worry about it.

When in doubt, though.

kmhbeauty

I started to get intense pain in that same area. I coughed up blood and then the pain went down. It is definitely something with my CF. Im guessing my lungs are inflamed. Never had this happen before. ugh :( I am coughing up blood now every 2-3 months.

kmhbeauty

From what Im reading, Im starting to think its a mucus plug. Any advice on getting it out if it is? It does feel like a kidney stone in the lung

I really would call the doctor today. You are more important than your finances that always work out somehow. You need to ask them in case u have a real problem. Please let us know. I would call.

kmhbeauty

The pain ended up going away after I coughed up that blood. There was a small, about half the size of a pea, hard piece of something I felt in the blood. Im not a fan of calling the doctor because he will just tell me to go to the ER or prescribe antibiotics. I don't take antibiotics until I really feel like I need them. Im kinda the bad patient who likes to do everything on the own and go to the doctor when all else fails. When I see him, I am going to ask about plugs and get some more information so if it happens again, I can treat it quickly.