Pancrease

JazzysMom

I take Ultrase MT12s. 5 with meals & 3 with snack depending on the fat content. WHen I eat fried chicken with the skin, I boost it up etc.

JazzysMom

I take Ultrase MT12s. 5 with meals & 3 with snack depending on the fat content. WHen I eat fried chicken with the skin, I boost it up etc.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Solo

I take Creon20, I pill per every 5 grams of fat. That's a lot of enzymes, I know, I was advised by my nutrionist at my CF center to try cutting them down. I tried and had to abort that plan, as it definitely didn't work out for me. Everytime I'm admitted to the hospital the pharmacy seems to not have any Creons, so I'm forced to take Ultrase. Well I might as well as not take anything at all, my body only agrees with Creon.

Solo

I take Creon20, I pill per every 5 grams of fat. That's a lot of enzymes, I know, I was advised by my nutrionist at my CF center to try cutting them down. I tried and had to abort that plan, as it definitely didn't work out for me. Everytime I'm admitted to the hospital the pharmacy seems to not have any Creons, so I'm forced to take Ultrase. Well I might as well as not take anything at all, my body only agrees with Creon.

Solo

Solo

Solo

juliepie

i take 8 pancrease MT-16s with meals and anywhere from 3-8 with a snack. I usually take them right before I eat, I heard they were effective for about an hour after you take them, but I could just be pulling that out of thin air!! They work very well for me, i can't complain.

I hope you get everything straightened out. Do you take any antacids like zantac? That would increase the enzymes' effectiveness. If you aren't on one, I would suggest asking your doc about it. I take 150 mg twice a day.

juliepie

i take 8 pancrease MT-16s with meals and anywhere from 3-8 with a snack. I usually take them right before I eat, I heard they were effective for about an hour after you take them, but I could just be pulling that out of thin air!! They work very well for me, i can't complain.

I hope you get everything straightened out. Do you take any antacids like zantac? That would increase the enzymes' effectiveness. If you aren't on one, I would suggest asking your doc about it. I take 150 mg twice a day.

juliepie

juliepie

juliepie

<br />
<br />I hope you get everything straightened out. Do you take any antacids like zantac? That would increase the enzymes' effectiveness. If you aren't on one, I would suggest asking your doc about it. I take 150 mg twice a day.

jamie6girl

I take Creon 10. About 4-6 with meals.. Usually 4 with snacks. There are some things that are always rough on my tummy, such as peanut butter and mexican food, so I always take a little extra with stuff like that. <br><br>On a side note...A long time ago, my dad's insurance only approved some generic kind, which wasn't even a direct equivelent of Creon... I took about 25 with a meal..and I still pooped myself to death! My chest broke out in a really bad rash. I think I was in eleventh grade, so everyone thought I had hickies. (That was the only funny part of the story.) I remember waking up in the night just clawing at my chest, it itched sooooo badly... Doctor ended up writing a letter to insurance co explaining why I HAD to have Creon. I was glad when all that was over. I think my dr even said that some of those generic enzymes don't even have to follow same rules as the name brand ones. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

jamie6girl

I take Creon 10. About 4-6 with meals.. Usually 4 with snacks. There are some things that are always rough on my tummy, such as peanut butter and mexican food, so I always take a little extra with stuff like that. <br><br>On a side note...A long time ago, my dad's insurance only approved some generic kind, which wasn't even a direct equivelent of Creon... I took about 25 with a meal..and I still pooped myself to death! My chest broke out in a really bad rash. I think I was in eleventh grade, so everyone thought I had hickies. (That was the only funny part of the story.) I remember waking up in the night just clawing at my chest, it itched sooooo badly... Doctor ended up writing a letter to insurance co explaining why I HAD to have Creon. I was glad when all that was over. I think my dr even said that some of those generic enzymes don't even have to follow same rules as the name brand ones. Anyways, just thought I'd share.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl