Pancreatic Enzyme Levels ???

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>sdavis227</b></i>

I'm quite new to this, but our doc has said that you get the ADEK over the counter.</end quote></div>

You can get ADEK occ, but most pharmacies dont stock it. I had our local Eckerds pharmacy order it, but they had to look it up in their black book. THey didnt know it existed. I know order from SourceCF for my ABDEK.

JazzysMom

I'm quite new to this, but our doc has said that you get the ADEK over the counter.</end quote></div>

You can get ADEK occ, but most pharmacies dont stock it. I had our local Eckerds pharmacy order it, but they had to look it up in their black book. THey didnt know it existed. I know order from SourceCF for my ABDEK.

JazzysMom

AnD

Sorry to go a bit OT, but is poor tooth enamel a symptom of cf? If so, does anyone know why?

(and I will pray that you get the answers and help you need right away.)

AnD

Sorry to go a bit OT, but is poor tooth enamel a symptom of cf? If so, does anyone know why?

AnD

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>AnD</b></i>

(and I will pray that you get the answers and help you need right away.)</end quote></div>

I dont know if its a "symptom" of CF, but given the problems with vitamins A&D I would say YES....in addition many antibiotics due a # on them also!

JazzysMom

(and I will pray that you get the answers and help you need right away.)</end quote></div>

I dont know if its a "symptom" of CF, but given the problems with vitamins A&D I would say YES....in addition many antibiotics due a # on them also!

JazzysMom

Edna0312

Thank you all for you comments.

Thanks for the info on ADEK. I didn't know that you could get it OTC.

In regards to what diseases could cause PI: The only listed causes in children are CF and Schwaccman Diamond Syndrome. Then there are pancreatitis and gastric surgeries listed. That's ALL!!

So, that's why I must continue my quest for my children. There isn't any other known way to explain what is going on with them. Unless, maybe they have a NEW genetic disorder that includes PI and recurrent lung infections.

I have seen 3 different pediatric GI docs, and am pretty happy with the one I see now. I think even he is frustrated by not knowing. I am going to see a different ped. pulm doc, cause this one didn't listen to me.

Can I vent for a second? ...... I cannot stand docs that don't listen to me!! I may not be an MD, but I'm an intelligent businesswoman and mother of 3 kids. I'm not a crack addict or an idiot!! I hate getting blown off like I'm stupid!!

Sorry....I'm sure many of you can relate to feeling like that about docs.

Thanks for listening and answering,

Edna

Edna0312

In regards to what diseases could cause PI: The only listed causes in children are CF and Schwaccman Diamond Syndrome. Then there are pancreatitis and gastric surgeries listed. That's ALL!!

So, that's why I must continue my quest for my children. There isn't any other known way to explain what is going on with them. Unless, maybe they have a NEW genetic disorder that includes PI and recurrent lung infections.

I have seen 3 different pediatric GI docs, and am pretty happy with the one I see now. I think even he is frustrated by not knowing. I am going to see a different ped. pulm doc, cause this one didn't listen to me.

Can I vent for a second? ...... I cannot stand docs that don't listen to me!! I may not be an MD, but I'm an intelligent businesswoman and mother of 3 kids. I'm not a crack addict or an idiot!! I hate getting blown off like I'm stupid!!

Edna

Edna0312

Edna