Pancreatic enzymes

krisgabes

I have been on Creon 20 at 13 pills with each meal for the longest time and it doesn't give me any trouble. It seems like I've been reading on the forums more and more people on Zenpep. I know that it decreases the amount of pills one must take. Can anyone give me their experience with Zenpep? Would it be worth switching from Creon to Zenpep? Any suggestion is more than welcome.

krisgabes

I have been on Creon 20 at 13 pills with each meal for the longest time and it doesn't give me any trouble. It seems like I've been reading on the forums more and more people on Zenpep. I know that it decreases the amount of pills one must take. Can anyone give me their experience with Zenpep? Would it be worth switching from Creon to Zenpep? Any suggestion is more than welcome.

krisgabes

robert321

The reason everyone has been switching over to zenpep is because the FDA pulled their approval of all the enzymes and are making them all reformulate them. Zenpep and Creon and I think a couple more that I can't think of the names.
Fortunately my dad always filled all my perscriptions exactly every 30 days even though I have a history of noncompliance, so I've been burning through my surpluses of Ultrase. Some people have had trouble with moving from what they've been accustomed to.

robert321

The reason everyone has been switching over to zenpep is because the FDA pulled their approval of all the enzymes and are making them all reformulate them. Zenpep and Creon and I think a couple more that I can't think of the names.
Fortunately my dad always filled all my perscriptions exactly every 30 days even though I have a history of noncompliance, so I've been burning through my surpluses of Ultrase. Some people have had trouble with moving from what they've been accustomed to.

robert321

<br />Fortunately my dad always filled all my perscriptions exactly every 30 days even though I have a history of noncompliance, so I've been burning through my surpluses of Ultrase. Some people have had trouble with moving from what they've been accustomed to.

krisgabes

I've definately tried other types of enzymes in the past and Creon is the one that has never given me any trouble. My other reason for being apprehensive about trying to switch is because my CF doctor is a pulmonologist and does not have a lot of knowledge in gastro problems. I go to a seperate GI for my gastro problems, but unfortunately they are not well versed in CF.

krisgabes

I've definately tried other types of enzymes in the past and Creon is the one that has never given me any trouble. My other reason for being apprehensive about trying to switch is because my CF doctor is a pulmonologist and does not have a lot of knowledge in gastro problems. I go to a seperate GI for my gastro problems, but unfortunately they are not well versed in CF.

krisgabes

C

Cherylwithone

If Creon is working for and you do not have any problems with it I would not switch. Why mess with what works.

C

Cherylwithone

If Creon is working for and you do not have any problems with it I would not switch. Why mess with what works.

C

Cherylwithone

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Creon also has their program thru solvay in which you send in pharmacy receipts with a form and they'll send you cf vitamins and nutritional beverages.

We found that our BCBS will only cover creon and none of the other new enzymes -- not zenpep, not pancreaze

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Creon also has their program thru solvay in which you send in pharmacy receipts with a form and they'll send you cf vitamins and nutritional beverages.

We found that our BCBS will only cover creon and none of the other new enzymes -- not zenpep, not pancreaze

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We found that our BCBS will only cover creon and none of the other new enzymes -- not zenpep, not pancreaze

rubyroselee

Liza,

I was told Creon didn't have the vitamin program, but apparently they do! Do you have any information about it (such as a phone number?). Or do you have to get a patient ID card through your clinic? I was told at my CF clinic that they didn't have such a program, so I'm happy to hear that!

rubyroselee

Liza,

I was told Creon didn't have the vitamin program, but apparently they do! Do you have any information about it (such as a phone number?). Or do you have to get a patient ID card through your clinic? I was told at my CF clinic that they didn't have such a program, so I'm happy to hear that!