Pancreatic enzymes

rubyroselee

Liza,
<br />
<br />I was told Creon didn't have the vitamin program, but apparently they do! Do you have any information about it (such as a phone number?). Or do you have to get a patient ID card through your clinic? I was told at my CF clinic that they didn't have such a program, so I'm happy to hear that!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's solvaycares.com The website seems to be down right now, but there's a form online in which you fill out and indicate what kind of enzymes you want -- Vitamax or Source CF chewables, liquid drops or sourcecf softgels. Then there's another section to choose Carnation instant breakfast plus or VHC or Resource Breeze products.

DS just switched to Creon a month ago and I submitted the form with pharmacy receipt and in a couple weeks received 3 bottles of vitamins.

They also sent me a card to give to my pharmacy or to send in to give me a break on the copay for up to 12 months for new customers. But I noticed it was outdate. Plus my pharmacy doesn't except the cards, so I was supposed to send in the pharmacy receipt, which I already mailed in for the vitamins. I'll give that one a try in January when my copays go back up to $$$ until I meet our $1000 out of pocket max on scripts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
It's solvaycares.com The website seems to be down right now, but there's a form online in which you fill out and indicate what kind of enzymes you want -- Vitamax or Source CF chewables, liquid drops or sourcecf softgels. Then there's another section to choose Carnation instant breakfast plus or VHC or Resource Breeze products.

DS just switched to Creon a month ago and I submitted the form with pharmacy receipt and in a couple weeks received 3 bottles of vitamins.

They also sent me a card to give to my pharmacy or to send in to give me a break on the copay for up to 12 months for new customers. But I noticed it was outdate. Plus my pharmacy doesn't except the cards, so I was supposed to send in the pharmacy receipt, which I already mailed in for the vitamins. I'll give that one a try in January when my copays go back up to $$$ until I meet our $1000 out of pocket max on scripts.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS just switched to Creon a month ago and I submitted the form with pharmacy receipt and in a couple weeks received 3 bottles of vitamins.
<br />
<br />They also sent me a card to give to my pharmacy or to send in to give me a break on the copay for up to 12 months for new customers. But I noticed it was outdate. Plus my pharmacy doesn't except the cards, so I was supposed to send in the pharmacy receipt, which I already mailed in for the vitamins. I'll give that one a try in January when my copays go back up to $$$ until I meet our $1000 out of pocket max on scripts.

Mom2Max

Liza, we have BCBS as well and that Creon is the only "preferred" enzyme per our policy. However, Creon did not work at all with Max and I wrote an appeals letter to them outlining the ill effects it was having on him, as well as the long-term health ramifications of using an enzyme that simply did not work for him (I had also gotten Zenpep samples from the clinic so I was able to compare/contrast how Max responded to both). Fortunately they did approve Zenpep for Max and lowered our out-of-pocket expense substantially. Creon is still less expensive, but the costs are now much closer.

Mom2Max

Liza, we have BCBS as well and that Creon is the only "preferred" enzyme per our policy. However, Creon did not work at all with Max and I wrote an appeals letter to them outlining the ill effects it was having on him, as well as the long-term health ramifications of using an enzyme that simply did not work for him (I had also gotten Zenpep samples from the clinic so I was able to compare/contrast how Max responded to both). Fortunately they did approve Zenpep for Max and lowered our out-of-pocket expense substantially. Creon is still less expensive, but the costs are now much closer.

Mom2Max

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
If DS hadn't done well on creon, we were prepared to fight it; however, he seems to be doing okay with them.

What I find annoying is a year ago a friend of mine, whose daughter is on Creon was scrambling to come up with over $4000 because BCBS wouldn't approve the newly formulated version of creon at that time. Now they do.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
If DS hadn't done well on creon, we were prepared to fight it; however, he seems to be doing okay with them.

What I find annoying is a year ago a friend of mine, whose daughter is on Creon was scrambling to come up with over $4000 because BCBS wouldn't approve the newly formulated version of creon at that time. Now they do.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />What I find annoying is a year ago a friend of mine, whose daughter is on Creon was scrambling to come up with over $4000 because BCBS wouldn't approve the newly formulated version of creon at that time. Now they do.