pancrecarb through mickey button

Tcole

i use a 60ml syringe and use her adaptor. We layer each capsule of enzymes with apple sauce. Make sure you flush with water so the mickey don't clog. we just switched from Creon to pancrecarb and so far i like this way better. good luck. and if you have another way, let us know.

Tcole

i use a 60ml syringe and use her adaptor. We layer each capsule of enzymes with apple sauce. Make sure you flush with water so the mickey don't clog. we just switched from Creon to pancrecarb and so far i like this way better. good luck. and if you have another way, let us know.

Tcole

Tcole

Tcole

mariahsmommy

Here are some modified directions that I found off of the digestivecare.com (the makers of Pancrecarb.) We have been using them and doing this procedure since Nov. 09. I love it and it has taken soo much pressure off of Mariah.

Procedure For Administration Of
PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 In Applesauce
through A Mic-Key® Gastrostomy Tube

Supplies:
1. Unsweetened apple sauce. I buy the big bottle of generic applesauce bc it is cheaper than buying pureed baby apple sauce and works just the same.
4. 60 CC straight tip syringe aka slip tip syringe.
5. Small spoon or a food stir stick, i.e. straw, coffee stick.
6. Medicine cup or small bowl.

Procedure:
1. Wash and dry hands thoroughly.
2. Place approximately 5-10 mL (about 2 heaping teaspoons) of applesauce baby
food into a medicine cup or small bowl for every three (3) PANCRECARB® MS-4
capsules used.
3. Carefully open the PANCRECARB® MS-4 capsules and pour the enzyme microspheres
into the applesauce.
4. Stir the mixture. Use mixture immediately.
5. Remove the plunger of a 60cc straight tip syringe.
6. Point tip of syringe towards the ground and place a finger over the tip of the syringe. This will prevent the mixture from coming out.
7. Spoon mixture into the syringe.
8. Keep your finger over the tip. Place plunger in syringe. Note: the mixture will begin to flow out of the syringe as soon as the plunger is in place and you take your finger off of the tip.
9. Before removing finger, tap the base of the plunger that is in the syringe on a hard surface. This will bring all of the mixture to the bottom of the syringe.
10. Remove the air in the syringe by pressing on the plunger.
11. Administer the tube mixture into mickey.
12. Flush MIC-KEY® tube with 10-20 mL of water to be sure the button is clear.
13. Remove the syringe and (re)attach the feeding tube.
14. Discard any unused applesauce/enzyme microsphere mixture.

Tips For Administration Of
PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 In Applesauce through
A Mic-Key® Gastrostomy Tube

1. NEVER MIX WATER WITH THE APPLESAUCE OR ENZYME MICROSPHERES. THE
WATER MAKES THE MICROSPHERES STICKY AND THEY WILL CLOG THE TUBE.
2. The preferred method of taking enzymes is orally if the patient is able.
3. The patient must have a 14 French or larger feeding tube in order to administer
PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 enzyme microspheres. A smaller tube will
result in the enzyme microspheres getting clogged in the tube or syringe.
4. Do not put PANCRECARB® MS-4 enzyme microspheres through a nasogastric
(NG) feeding tube or a Foley catheter. The enzyme microspheres will clog the
tube regardless of tube size.
5. When using the Applesauce Procedure any brand of Stage 1 or Stage 2 Baby Food
Applesauce or regular applesauce in the grocery aisle will work. The consistency needs to be pureed and this will allow the enzyme microspheres to be suspended for easier administration.
6. Use a 60 cc "straight tip" or "slip tip" syringe for enzyme microsphere administration. The mixture is easier to spoon into the opening of a syringe of this size.
7. Once the enzyme microspheres are mixed with applesauce, spoon them into the
top of the syringe rather than trying to draw them up from the tip. Administer the
enzyme microspheres immediately after being mixed and spooned in the syringe.
8. You don't have to always measure the amount of applesauce per pill. Measure the amount the first few times, and then you can kind of eye ball it after that.
9. DON'T PANIC if the mixture clogs the tube. Just have handy a 10cc slip tip like the one that comes in the mickey button kits. Take this 10 cc syringe, place into the mickey, and pump it or pull back on the syringe until the mickey unclogs. This has happened to me several times and so far we haven't had to replace the mickey because of a clog.
10. Don't use an extension set to administer mixture. Place tip of syringe directly into mickey.

PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) is a registered trademark of
Digestive Care, Inc.

mariahsmommy

Here are some modified directions that I found off of the digestivecare.com (the makers of Pancrecarb.) We have been using them and doing this procedure since Nov. 09. I love it and it has taken soo much pressure off of Mariah.

Supplies:
1. Unsweetened apple sauce. I buy the big bottle of generic applesauce bc it is cheaper than buying pureed baby apple sauce and works just the same.

Procedure:
capsules used.
3. Carefully open the PANCRECARB® MS-4 capsules and pour the enzyme microspheres
into the applesauce.
6. Point tip of syringe towards the ground and place a finger over the tip of the syringe. This will prevent the mixture from coming out.
8. Keep your finger over the tip. Place plunger in syringe. Note: the mixture will begin to flow out of the syringe as soon as the plunger is in place and you take your finger off of the tip.
9. Before removing finger, tap the base of the plunger that is in the syringe on a hard surface. This will bring all of the mixture to the bottom of the syringe.

3. The patient must have a 14 French or larger feeding tube in order to administer
5. When using the Applesauce Procedure any brand of Stage 1 or Stage 2 Baby Food
Applesauce or regular applesauce in the grocery aisle will work. The consistency needs to be pureed and this will allow the enzyme microspheres to be suspended for easier administration.
6. Use a 60 cc "straight tip" or "slip tip" syringe for enzyme microsphere administration. The mixture is easier to spoon into the opening of a syringe of this size.
top of the syringe rather than trying to draw them up from the tip. Administer the
8. You don't have to always measure the amount of applesauce per pill. Measure the amount the first few times, and then you can kind of eye ball it after that.
9. DON'T PANIC if the mixture clogs the tube. Just have handy a 10cc slip tip like the one that comes in the mickey button kits. Take this 10 cc syringe, place into the mickey, and pump it or pull back on the syringe until the mickey unclogs. This has happened to me several times and so far we haven't had to replace the mickey because of a clog.
10. Don't use an extension set to administer mixture. Place tip of syringe directly into mickey.

Digestive Care, Inc.

mariahsmommy

Supplies:

Procedure:
capsules used.
into the applesauce.

Digestive Care, Inc.

mariahsmommy

Supplies:

Procedure:
capsules used.
into the applesauce.

Digestive Care, Inc.

mariahsmommy

<br />
<br />Procedure For Administration Of
<br />PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 In Applesauce
<br />through A Mic-Key® Gastrostomy Tube
<br />
<br />Supplies:
<br />1. Unsweetened apple sauce. I buy the big bottle of generic applesauce bc it is cheaper than buying pureed baby apple sauce and works just the same.
<br />4. 60 CC straight tip syringe aka slip tip syringe.
<br />5. Small spoon or a food stir stick, i.e. straw, coffee stick.
<br />6. Medicine cup or small bowl.
<br />
<br />Procedure:
<br />1. Wash and dry hands thoroughly.
<br />2. Place approximately 5-10 mL (about 2 heaping teaspoons) of applesauce baby
<br />food into a medicine cup or small bowl for every three (3) PANCRECARB® MS-4
<br />capsules used.
<br />3. Carefully open the PANCRECARB® MS-4 capsules and pour the enzyme microspheres
<br />into the applesauce.
<br />4. Stir the mixture. Use mixture immediately.
<br />5. Remove the plunger of a 60cc straight tip syringe.
<br />6. Point tip of syringe towards the ground and place a finger over the tip of the syringe. This will prevent the mixture from coming out.
<br />7. Spoon mixture into the syringe.
<br />8. Keep your finger over the tip. Place plunger in syringe. Note: the mixture will begin to flow out of the syringe as soon as the plunger is in place and you take your finger off of the tip.
<br />9. Before removing finger, tap the base of the plunger that is in the syringe on a hard surface. This will bring all of the mixture to the bottom of the syringe.
<br />10. Remove the air in the syringe by pressing on the plunger.
<br />11. Administer the tube mixture into mickey.
<br />12. Flush MIC-KEY® tube with 10-20 mL of water to be sure the button is clear.
<br />13. Remove the syringe and (re)attach the feeding tube.
<br />14. Discard any unused applesauce/enzyme microsphere mixture.
<br />
<br />Tips For Administration Of
<br />PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 In Applesauce through
<br />A Mic-Key® Gastrostomy Tube
<br />
<br />1. NEVER MIX WATER WITH THE APPLESAUCE OR ENZYME MICROSPHERES. THE
<br />WATER MAKES THE MICROSPHERES STICKY AND THEY WILL CLOG THE TUBE.
<br />2. The preferred method of taking enzymes is orally if the patient is able.
<br />3. The patient must have a 14 French or larger feeding tube in order to administer
<br />PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) MS-4 enzyme microspheres. A smaller tube will
<br />result in the enzyme microspheres getting clogged in the tube or syringe.
<br />4. Do not put PANCRECARB® MS-4 enzyme microspheres through a nasogastric
<br />(NG) feeding tube or a Foley catheter. The enzyme microspheres will clog the
<br />tube regardless of tube size.
<br />5. When using the Applesauce Procedure any brand of Stage 1 or Stage 2 Baby Food
<br />Applesauce or regular applesauce in the grocery aisle will work. The consistency needs to be pureed and this will allow the enzyme microspheres to be suspended for easier administration.
<br />6. Use a 60 cc "straight tip" or "slip tip" syringe for enzyme microsphere administration. The mixture is easier to spoon into the opening of a syringe of this size.
<br />7. Once the enzyme microspheres are mixed with applesauce, spoon them into the
<br />top of the syringe rather than trying to draw them up from the tip. Administer the
<br />enzyme microspheres immediately after being mixed and spooned in the syringe.
<br />8. You don't have to always measure the amount of applesauce per pill. Measure the amount the first few times, and then you can kind of eye ball it after that.
<br />9. DON'T PANIC if the mixture clogs the tube. Just have handy a 10cc slip tip like the one that comes in the mickey button kits. Take this 10 cc syringe, place into the mickey, and pump it or pull back on the syringe until the mickey unclogs. This has happened to me several times and so far we haven't had to replace the mickey because of a clog.
<br />10. Don't use an extension set to administer mixture. Place tip of syringe directly into mickey.
<br />
<br />PANCRECARB® (pancrelipase) is a registered trademark of
<br />Digestive Care, Inc.
<br />