Parents w/children w/CF

TobysMom

My son is 3-1/2 months old. He means the world to me. We were advised by doctors (both CF and his pediatrician) NOT to put him in day care. Because of that, I have not been able to go back to work. I am perfectly fine with being a SAHM, for the exception of the fiancial aspect of it.

My sons father does not make a lot of money. He is doing what he can and putting in OT when it is available, but we are still strapped financially. My car was repossessed on Thursday, which has really put me in a depression even more than I was already feeling from PPD and all. The only thing I feel that makes me smile ever, is my son anymore.

So, basically, I am just wondering what other parents in my situation have done for extra income? How you've gone about it. We're REALLY in a bad spot, both of us have bad credit (me even more so now!) and SSI said it could take 120 more days for our appeal (first request was denied) to be approved or denied, so I am not really counting on that to be approved anytime soon.

On top of all of everything else happening, my son started having a bad/frequent cough the very same day my car was repossessed, which never was a problem before... so we had to increase his CPT to every 4 hours, minimum of 3x a day. My son HATES taking his nebulizer, he protests and cries, so I have to wait until he's asleep, and he only takes ONE nap a day now... so its kinda adding even more stress to my being!

UGh, any financial suggestions would really help!!

I was suggested TANF, but that isnt available for me, apparently.

TobysMom

My son is 3-1/2 months old. He means the world to me. We were advised by doctors (both CF and his pediatrician) NOT to put him in day care. Because of that, I have not been able to go back to work. I am perfectly fine with being a SAHM, for the exception of the fiancial aspect of it.

My sons father does not make a lot of money. He is doing what he can and putting in OT when it is available, but we are still strapped financially. My car was repossessed on Thursday, which has really put me in a depression even more than I was already feeling from PPD and all. The only thing I feel that makes me smile ever, is my son anymore.

So, basically, I am just wondering what other parents in my situation have done for extra income? How you've gone about it. We're REALLY in a bad spot, both of us have bad credit (me even more so now!) and SSI said it could take 120 more days for our appeal (first request was denied) to be approved or denied, so I am not really counting on that to be approved anytime soon.

On top of all of everything else happening, my son started having a bad/frequent cough the very same day my car was repossessed, which never was a problem before... so we had to increase his CPT to every 4 hours, minimum of 3x a day. My son HATES taking his nebulizer, he protests and cries, so I have to wait until he's asleep, and he only takes ONE nap a day now... so its kinda adding even more stress to my being!

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom

<br />
<br />My sons father does not make a lot of money. He is doing what he can and putting in OT when it is available, but we are still strapped financially. My car was repossessed on Thursday, which has really put me in a depression even more than I was already feeling from PPD and all. The only thing I feel that makes me smile ever, is my son anymore.
<br />
<br />So, basically, I am just wondering what other parents in my situation have done for extra income? How you've gone about it. We're REALLY in a bad spot, both of us have bad credit (me even more so now!) and SSI said it could take 120 more days for our appeal (first request was denied) to be approved or denied, so I am not really counting on that to be approved anytime soon.
<br />
<br />On top of all of everything else happening, my son started having a bad/frequent cough the very same day my car was repossessed, which never was a problem before... so we had to increase his CPT to every 4 hours, minimum of 3x a day. My son HATES taking his nebulizer, he protests and cries, so I have to wait until he's asleep, and he only takes ONE nap a day now... so its kinda adding even more stress to my being!
<br />
<br />UGh, any financial suggestions would really help!!
<br />
<br />I was suggested TANF, but that isnt available for me, apparently.

MavinetteH

Well what about school? I mean daycare is almost the same as school. My son has been in school for three days now and has a bug already. You have to be proactive though. They tell you not to deny your child anything because of his cf. let him live a normal life. I recenlty am thinking of going back to work bc my husbands business is very slow, but Hunter is in school anyway. I am not sure I would talk to the doc and ask again. ask what the differnece is. Good luck.

MavinetteH

Well what about school? I mean daycare is almost the same as school. My son has been in school for three days now and has a bug already. You have to be proactive though. They tell you not to deny your child anything because of his cf. let him live a normal life. I recenlty am thinking of going back to work bc my husbands business is very slow, but Hunter is in school anyway. I am not sure I would talk to the doc and ask again. ask what the differnece is. Good luck.

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

MavinetteH

TobysMom

honestly, even before my son was born, i had considered home schooling, because the schools in florida suck!

but even w/ homeschooling, between my sons father and i, we'd be able to get a full "school day" in with us both working full time. also, with my sons fathers work hours, it is difficult for me to get anything... and with my son so young, his father is kind of afraid at times to five him treatments. lol its kinda funny thinking he is though cuz the baby isnt gonna break! not only that, but even leaving the baby with his father for an hour to grocery shop, hescreams the whole time!! so even as he gets older, i only hope itll get easier as he understands more.

TobysMom

honestly, even before my son was born, i had considered home schooling, because the schools in florida suck!

but even w/ homeschooling, between my sons father and i, we'd be able to get a full "school day" in with us both working full time. also, with my sons fathers work hours, it is difficult for me to get anything... and with my son so young, his father is kind of afraid at times to five him treatments. lol its kinda funny thinking he is though cuz the baby isnt gonna break! not only that, but even leaving the baby with his father for an hour to grocery shop, hescreams the whole time!! so even as he gets older, i only hope itll get easier as he understands more.

TobysMom

TobysMom

TobysMom

<br />
<br />but even w/ homeschooling, between my sons father and i, we'd be able to get a full "school day" in with us both working full time. also, with my sons fathers work hours, it is difficult for me to get anything... and with my son so young, his father is kind of afraid at times to five him treatments. lol its kinda funny thinking he is though cuz the baby isnt gonna break! not only that, but even leaving the baby with his father for an hour to grocery shop, hescreams the whole time!! so even as he gets older, i only hope itll get easier as he understands more.