pari sprint ok for all meds?

melx

Hey you guys thanks for all your input. So I did my homework and made some calls. Pari says that Sprint cups can be used for all meds. But, I called Genentech they said Pulmozyme was tested with the Pari LC Jet Plus cup. And they recommend that cup only. Novartis said that Tobi was trialed with the Pari LC Plus and some other compressor (not a Pari compressor and I can't remember which one). So Novartis recommends the LC Plus. I did not ask about Hyper tonic saline, but I'm guessing since it is made by Pari, the Sprint should be ok.
My end result is that I will use the Sprint cups for Albuterol and Hypertonic and the LC Plus for Pulmozyme and Tobi. (I'm going to have to find another DME provider for the LC plus.)
Again thanks for your thoughts... I hope this info helps any others that might be a little confused like I was. It's amazing how many hoops we have to jump through to make sense of it all sometimes.

melx

Hey you guys thanks for all your input. So I did my homework and made some calls. Pari says that Sprint cups can be used for all meds. But, I called Genentech they said Pulmozyme was tested with the Pari LC Jet Plus cup. And they recommend that cup only. Novartis said that Tobi was trialed with the Pari LC Plus and some other compressor (not a Pari compressor and I can't remember which one). So Novartis recommends the LC Plus. I did not ask about Hyper tonic saline, but I'm guessing since it is made by Pari, the Sprint should be ok.
My end result is that I will use the Sprint cups for Albuterol and Hypertonic and the LC Plus for Pulmozyme and Tobi. (I'm going to have to find another DME provider for the LC plus.)
Again thanks for your thoughts... I hope this info helps any others that might be a little confused like I was. It's amazing how many hoops we have to jump through to make sense of it all sometimes.

melx

melx

melx

<br />My end result is that I will use the Sprint cups for Albuterol and Hypertonic and the LC Plus for Pulmozyme and Tobi. (I'm going to have to find another DME provider for the LC plus.)
<br />Again thanks for your thoughts... I hope this info helps any others that might be a little confused like I was. It's amazing how many hoops we have to jump through to make sense of it all sometimes.

NYCLawGirl

The TOBI was trialed with the devilbiss compressor, so that's the recommended compressor for that drug.

Here's the deal, no drug company is going to trial the drug on every single piece of equipment out there, and of course the trials use uniform equipment so as to eliminate variables. The Pari Sprint came along after TOBI and DNase were on the market (I believe), so of course it wouldn't have been used in any of the trials. But it is very similar to the Pari LC Plus -- it's a jet nebulizer that is breath-activated, really it's just the "next generation" of the plus in many ways. The Star is also similar, although I think that one was specifically developed for people with lower lung function. So sticking with the Plus for all your drugs simply because it was around when these studies were conducted is certainly not a BAD idea (in fact it's the most cautious route you could take), but just know that the Sprint isn't so much "not recommended" as it is just too new to have been part of the studies.

I personally hate using the Sprint for albuterol, because the faster drug delivery tends to make me shakey. I use the sidestream for xopenex (quick note: do NOT use the sidestream for DNase or TOBI -- stick with the Pari nebs), the LC Plus for DNase (this helps me remember which cups or DNase only), the Sprint for HTS because it's faster and that is my longest neb, and the eflow for my Azli and TOBI (note that I get the TOBI specially formulated for the eflow). I get the LC plus cups and the eflow cups through my pharmacy free with the drug orders, and I buy the Sprint and Sidestream cups myself because I like them. Keep in mind this is just personal preference.

NYCLawGirl

The TOBI was trialed with the devilbiss compressor, so that's the recommended compressor for that drug.

Here's the deal, no drug company is going to trial the drug on every single piece of equipment out there, and of course the trials use uniform equipment so as to eliminate variables. The Pari Sprint came along after TOBI and DNase were on the market (I believe), so of course it wouldn't have been used in any of the trials. But it is very similar to the Pari LC Plus -- it's a jet nebulizer that is breath-activated, really it's just the "next generation" of the plus in many ways. The Star is also similar, although I think that one was specifically developed for people with lower lung function. So sticking with the Plus for all your drugs simply because it was around when these studies were conducted is certainly not a BAD idea (in fact it's the most cautious route you could take), but just know that the Sprint isn't so much "not recommended" as it is just too new to have been part of the studies.

I personally hate using the Sprint for albuterol, because the faster drug delivery tends to make me shakey. I use the sidestream for xopenex (quick note: do NOT use the sidestream for DNase or TOBI -- stick with the Pari nebs), the LC Plus for DNase (this helps me remember which cups or DNase only), the Sprint for HTS because it's faster and that is my longest neb, and the eflow for my Azli and TOBI (note that I get the TOBI specially formulated for the eflow). I get the LC plus cups and the eflow cups through my pharmacy free with the drug orders, and I buy the Sprint and Sidestream cups myself because I like them. Keep in mind this is just personal preference.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />Here's the deal, no drug company is going to trial the drug on every single piece of equipment out there, and of course the trials use uniform equipment so as to eliminate variables. The Pari Sprint came along after TOBI and DNase were on the market (I believe), so of course it wouldn't have been used in any of the trials. But it is very similar to the Pari LC Plus -- it's a jet nebulizer that is breath-activated, really it's just the "next generation" of the plus in many ways. The Star is also similar, although I think that one was specifically developed for people with lower lung function. So sticking with the Plus for all your drugs simply because it was around when these studies were conducted is certainly not a BAD idea (in fact it's the most cautious route you could take), but just know that the Sprint isn't so much "not recommended" as it is just too new to have been part of the studies.
<br />
<br />I personally hate using the Sprint for albuterol, because the faster drug delivery tends to make me shakey. I use the sidestream for xopenex (quick note: do NOT use the sidestream for DNase or TOBI -- stick with the Pari nebs), the LC Plus for DNase (this helps me remember which cups or DNase only), the Sprint for HTS because it's faster and that is my longest neb, and the eflow for my Azli and TOBI (note that I get the TOBI specially formulated for the eflow). I get the LC plus cups and the eflow cups through my pharmacy free with the drug orders, and I buy the Sprint and Sidestream cups myself because I like them. Keep in mind this is just personal preference.

melx

You are correct Piper the sprint was not trialed because it is a newer cup. It is also marketed with the 20% faster delivery, so that is why I questioned its use especially with the Tobi and Pulmozyme. That's all.

melx

You are correct Piper the sprint was not trialed because it is a newer cup. It is also marketed with the 20% faster delivery, so that is why I questioned its use especially with the Tobi and Pulmozyme. That's all.

melx

melx

melx

M

MiddleAgedLady

I use the Sprint for albuteral (love it!), the sidestream for DNase, and Pari LC for HTS and Tobi. Sounds like things may have changed when I got these instructions years ago...but it seems to work for me!

M

MiddleAgedLady

I use the Sprint for albuteral (love it!), the sidestream for DNase, and Pari LC for HTS and Tobi. Sounds like things may have changed when I got these instructions years ago...but it seems to work for me!

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady

M

MiddleAgedLady