Passing of Tom Hubin

CONCERN

I would just like to inform the members of Adult CF that on Oct. 6, 2009, Thomas Hubin, a member, 61, died at NIH from complications of the Flu. I know that he frequently was on the list. he will be truly missed. He was a fighter to the end. He never was able to receive the vaccine. Right now, My grandson, who Tom was a surrogate father to and help me raised, has the Swine Flu. He doesn't have CF but has acute asthma. Please everyone be careful and the first sign of any fever or small cough, go to the doctors. The drug for Swine Flu, Tamiflu, is only good if you get it within the 1st 48 hours of onset.

CONCERN

I would just like to inform the members of Adult CF that on Oct. 6, 2009, Thomas Hubin, a member, 61, died at NIH from complications of the Flu. I know that he frequently was on the list. he will be truly missed. He was a fighter to the end. He never was able to receive the vaccine. Right now, My grandson, who Tom was a surrogate father to and help me raised, has the Swine Flu. He doesn't have CF but has acute asthma. Please everyone be careful and the first sign of any fever or small cough, go to the doctors. The drug for Swine Flu, Tamiflu, is only good if you get it within the 1st 48 hours of onset.

CONCERN

CONCERN

CONCERN

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Condolences to his family. I will keep you in my prayers and pray your grandson recovers completely from the virus.

Thank you for letting us know, and for your concern for the rest of the CF community. My daughter was able to get the vaccine on monday, but I will certainly keep an eye out for flu symptoms and get help ASAP if they do occur.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
Condolences to his family. I will keep you in my prayers and pray your grandson recovers completely from the virus.

Thank you for letting us know, and for your concern for the rest of the CF community. My daughter was able to get the vaccine on monday, but I will certainly keep an eye out for flu symptoms and get help ASAP if they do occur.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />Thank you for letting us know, and for your concern for the rest of the CF community. My daughter was able to get the vaccine on monday, but I will certainly keep an eye out for flu symptoms and get help ASAP if they do occur.