Passing out from coughing or seizure anyone?

rubyroselee

The only thing I've heard of that sounds somewhat familiar is I have a CF friend who once passed out in a restaurant and they never found out why or what happened. They don't know if it was due to CF/coughing or a seizure. But I don't believe he had an episode like that again.

I'm not sure what it could be, but it definitely could be some sort of syncopal episode. Does he have any jerking movements during this time or is it just passing out? Does he have any other feelings prior to losing consciousness?

rubyroselee

The only thing I've heard of that sounds somewhat familiar is I have a CF friend who once passed out in a restaurant and they never found out why or what happened. They don't know if it was due to CF/coughing or a seizure. But I don't believe he had an episode like that again.

I'm not sure what it could be, but it definitely could be some sort of syncopal episode. Does he have any jerking movements during this time or is it just passing out? Does he have any other feelings prior to losing consciousness?

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

<br />
<br />I'm not sure what it could be, but it definitely could be some sort of syncopal episode. Does he have any jerking movements during this time or is it just passing out? Does he have any other feelings prior to losing consciousness?

STET

Yes at times he does and it scares the crap out of me. Sometimes he just passes out and then wakes up in a daze. He either can tell it is going to be a cough that he "goes out" or he says he feels weird, sometimes he gets pains, sees funny etc. It all varies.

I wish all of this happened while sleeping instead of some of the time, then it would not be as scary, I think. Sometimes they happen after no sleep due to working through the night. Unfotunately TO ME they seem too inconsistent to see a pattern. How were you diagnosed with the seizures? What meds are you and does it control it?

While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.

STET

Yes at times he does and it scares the crap out of me. Sometimes he just passes out and then wakes up in a daze. He either can tell it is going to be a cough that he "goes out" or he says he feels weird, sometimes he gets pains, sees funny etc. It all varies.

I wish all of this happened while sleeping instead of some of the time, then it would not be as scary, I think. Sometimes they happen after no sleep due to working through the night. Unfotunately TO ME they seem too inconsistent to see a pattern. How were you diagnosed with the seizures? What meds are you and does it control it?

While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.

STET

STET

STET

<br />
<br />I wish all of this happened while sleeping instead of some of the time, then it would not be as scary, I think. Sometimes they happen after no sleep due to working through the night. Unfotunately TO ME they seem too inconsistent to see a pattern. How were you diagnosed with the seizures? What meds are you and does it control it?
<br />
<br />While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>STET</b></i>

While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.</end quote></div>

I am guessing the ?? are directed to me at seizure at 8 & they rushed me to the hospital. The doctors thought it was a fluke & sent me home. Within the month I had 2 more grand mal seizures. They did all types of tests, asked all kinds of questons & only thing they could tell me is.....your brain shows epileptic activity. We did find out the hard way that I cant go more then 2 days without my meds.

I have been on Phenobarbital for over 30 years & it works fine as long as I take it.

JazzysMom

While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.</end quote></div>

I am guessing the ?? are directed to me at seizure at 8 & they rushed me to the hospital. The doctors thought it was a fluke & sent me home. Within the month I had 2 more grand mal seizures. They did all types of tests, asked all kinds of questons & only thing they could tell me is.....your brain shows epileptic activity. We did find out the hard way that I cant go more then 2 days without my meds.

I have been on Phenobarbital for over 30 years & it works fine as long as I take it.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Yes at times he does and it scares the crap out of me. Sometimes he just passes out and then wakes up in a daze. He either can tell it is going to be a cough that he "goes out" or he says he feels weird, sometimes he gets pains, sees funny etc. It all varies.
<br />
<br />
<br />I wish all of this happened while sleeping instead of some of the time, then it would not be as scary, I think. Sometimes they happen after no sleep due to working through the night. Unfotunately TO ME they seem too inconsistent to see a pattern. How were you diagnosed with the seizures? What meds are you and does it control it?
<br />
<br />While in the hospital they checked his sugars and changed his diet since the meds seemed to make them go high or drop.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I am guessing the ?? are directed to me at seizure at 8 & they rushed me to the hospital. The doctors thought it was a fluke & sent me home. Within the month I had 2 more grand mal seizures. They did all types of tests, asked all kinds of questons & only thing they could tell me is.....your brain shows epileptic activity. We did find out the hard way that I cant go more then 2 days without my meds.
<br />
<br />I have been on Phenobarbital for over 30 years & it works fine as long as I take it.
<br />
<br />
<br />