Pathological Blood Sugar-Level

2DIE4Corey

I am not yeton Insulin-medication, but I would like to know, if you get it via shots or as a pill medication and on what does it depend, that u get pills or the shots?
my highest level was at 211 but doc means, I dont need medication yet. I mean I feel the probs, I have with the sugar, but if he means that I dont need.. hmm... I hope I wont break down with a sugar-shock.
Thank u 4 readin my postings.

2DIE4Corey

I am not yeton Insulin-medication, but I would like to know, if you get it via shots or as a pill medication and on what does it depend, that u get pills or the shots?
my highest level was at 211 but doc means, I dont need medication yet. I mean I feel the probs, I have with the sugar, but if he means that I dont need.. hmm... I hope I wont break down with a sugar-shock.
Thank u 4 readin my postings.

JustDucky

I take insulin, but have taken pills in the past for my sugars. My sugars were pretty high at the time though, the highest being 500. Do the doctors have you checking your sugars to keep track of them? If not, it would be a good idea, that way a pattern can be established and you will also know what your sugars are doing. If they seem to be reasonably well controlled with diet, then I can see why the doc would hold off on medication. If they continue to hit that 200 plus range, then the doc may change that and put you on medication. It would also be good to see an endocrinologist if you haven't done so by now.

Hope this helps,
Jenn 40 w/CF

JustDucky

I take insulin, but have taken pills in the past for my sugars. My sugars were pretty high at the time though, the highest being 500. Do the doctors have you checking your sugars to keep track of them? If not, it would be a good idea, that way a pattern can be established and you will also know what your sugars are doing. If they seem to be reasonably well controlled with diet, then I can see why the doc would hold off on medication. If they continue to hit that 200 plus range, then the doc may change that and put you on medication. It would also be good to see an endocrinologist if you haven't done so by now.

Hope this helps,
Jenn 40 w/CF

Havoc

Yeah 211, is something to keep an eye on, but certainly not in a danger zone. As JustDucky said, Mine have approached 500mg/dl (when insulin resistant on steroids). You have to at least be that level to worry about DKA (or sugar shock). I had a patient once who was fully awake and talking to me and his level was 1400mg/dl.

In any case typically with mild hypoglycemia they go with pill medication (or diet modification), rather than insulin.

Havoc

Yeah 211, is something to keep an eye on, but certainly not in a danger zone. As JustDucky said, Mine have approached 500mg/dl (when insulin resistant on steroids). You have to at least be that level to worry about DKA (or sugar shock). I had a patient once who was fully awake and talking to me and his level was 1400mg/dl.

In any case typically with mild hypoglycemia they go with pill medication (or diet modification), rather than insulin.