Paying for CF costs

mistylavon

Hi everyone!

We live in Alaska and would at some point like to relocate to Minnesota. We have insurance through my husbands work and also have TEFRA (a children's medicare waiver program) for her secondary. I hope I'm not being to upfront by asking, but we wonder how others, even w/ good insurance, pay for everything associated w/ their child or self having CF. All the meds and treatments w/out being in huge amounts of debt and/or just making small payments to the hospital. A worry we have is possibility of ruining our credit.

TIA!

~Misty

mistylavon

Hi everyone!

We live in Alaska and would at some point like to relocate to Minnesota. We have insurance through my husbands work and also have TEFRA (a children's medicare waiver program) for her secondary. I hope I'm not being to upfront by asking, but we wonder how others, even w/ good insurance, pay for everything associated w/ their child or self having CF. All the meds and treatments w/out being in huge amounts of debt and/or just making small payments to the hospital. A worry we have is possibility of ruining our credit.

TIA!

~Misty

mistylavon

Hi everyone!

TIA!

~Misty

mistylavon

Hi everyone!

TIA!

~Misty

mistylavon

Hi everyone!
<br />
<br />We live in Alaska and would at some point like to relocate to Minnesota. We have insurance through my husbands work and also have TEFRA (a children's medicare waiver program) for her secondary. I hope I'm not being to upfront by asking, but we wonder how others, even w/ good insurance, pay for everything associated w/ their child or self having CF. All the meds and treatments w/out being in huge amounts of debt and/or just making small payments to the hospital. A worry we have is possibility of ruining our credit.
<br />
<br />TIA!
<br />
<br />~Misty

Liza

I see no one has responded to this yet. I guess it may be a hard one to answer.

For us it all boils down to our insurance provider. We have a low co-pay for appts., hospital stays, and prescriptions. We also have a supplement for the difference.

Liza

For us it all boils down to our insurance provider. We have a low co-pay for appts., hospital stays, and prescriptions. We also have a supplement for the difference.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />For us it all boils down to our insurance provider. We have a low co-pay for appts., hospital stays, and prescriptions. We also have a supplement for the difference.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

C

Cherylwithone

I guess it depends where someone lives and the state programs that they have. I have 3 health insurance for
my daughter. We have a primary which covers the whole family and I pay co pays only on my son and I. I have two
other insurances that cover only her and they pick up all
the co pays and anything that the primary won't pick up.

I use to only have the primary but her copays were killing me. I never new a pay check could go so fast. But because
CF is a disability she is also covered under the state program. We live in the Boston area if that helps at all.

C

Cherylwithone

I guess it depends where someone lives and the state programs that they have. I have 3 health insurance for
my daughter. We have a primary which covers the whole family and I pay co pays only on my son and I. I have two

I use to only have the primary but her copays were killing me. I never new a pay check could go so fast. But because
CF is a disability she is also covered under the state program. We live in the Boston area if that helps at all.

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

C

Cherylwithone

<br />my daughter. We have a primary which covers the whole family and I pay co pays only on my son and I. I have two
<br />other insurances that cover only her and they pick up all
<br />the co pays and anything that the primary won't pick up.
<br />
<br />I use to only have the primary but her copays were killing me. I never new a pay check could go so fast. But because
<br />CF is a disability she is also covered under the state program. We live in the Boston area if that helps at all.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The SCHIP -- think it stands for state children's health insurance program -- varies from state to state. When DS was diagnosed in another state the social worker at the hospital provided info for us -- we had to apply thru the county social services office and there were income limits, which we exceeded. Unlike the state in which DS was diagnosed, where you could pay into the program on a sliding fee schedule based on income, in our state it's not allowed. There are some local families who have moved across the river so as to be eligible for progams in the other state.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthinsurancefinders.com/healthinsurance/minnesota/schip.html
">http://www.healthinsurancefind.../minnesota/schip.html
</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
The SCHIP -- think it stands for state children's health insurance program -- varies from state to state. When DS was diagnosed in another state the social worker at the hospital provided info for us -- we had to apply thru the county social services office and there were income limits, which we exceeded. Unlike the state in which DS was diagnosed, where you could pay into the program on a sliding fee schedule based on income, in our state it's not allowed. There are some local families who have moved across the river so as to be eligible for progams in the other state.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthinsurancefinders.com/healthinsurance/minnesota/schip.html
</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

</a>

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthinsurancefinders.com/healthinsurance/minnesota/schip.html
</a><br />
<br />