peak flow meter

A

alegris

Jeanna,
I have the same one you posted. It measure FVC and FEV1. I bought it 4-5 years ago at a drug store for about $100. I find the FVC isn't very accurate but the FEV1 is decent. I usually blow a few points higher at the clinic so I don't mind that at all. I also found the way to 'cheat' on this device but overall it's a pretty good predictive tool to keep around.

M

moxie1

<P>Jeana,</P>
<P></P>
<P>I had a peak flow meter at home that measured FEV1. It finally broke and I'm so relieved.</P>
<P></P>
<P>I don't know what your personality is like, but I became obsessed with that thing. I'd be blowing into it and then if I got a bad number, I would be compulsively blowing into it to see if I could get that number up.</P>
<P></P>
<P>It got so that I measured if it was a good day or not by the number on that meter. One time I even called my doctor and came in for pfts only to find that the meter had been wrong and I was fine. It is weird how the mind can work. The meter was telling me my lung function had dipped and all of the sudden I had "symptoms" reflecting this. When clinic told me I was okay, my "symptoms" went away.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Maybe you wouldn't have this problem, but I just wanted to share my experience so that you can guard against this should you buy a meter.</P>

M

moxie1

<P>Jeana,</P>
<P></P>
<P>I had a peak flow meter at home that measured FEV1. It finally broke and I'm so relieved.</P>
<P></P>
<P>I don't know what your personality is like, but I became obsessed with that thing. I'd be blowing into it and then if I got a bad number, I would be compulsively blowing into it to see if I could get that number up.</P>
<P></P>
<P>It got so that I measured if it was a good day or not by the number on that meter. One time I even called my doctor and came in for pfts only to find that the meter had been wrong and I was fine. It is weird how the mind can work. The meter was telling me my lung function had dipped and all of the sudden I had "symptoms" reflecting this. When clinic told me I was okay, my "symptoms" went away.</P>
<P></P>
<P>Maybe you wouldn't have this problem, but I just wanted to share my experience so that you can guard against this should you buy a meter.</P>

M

moxie1

<P>Jeana,</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P></P>