Peak Flow Meter

lightNlife

I have a peak flow meter and check my numbers twice a day. The benefit of checking my PEF (Peak expiratory flow) helps me stay tuned in to how my allergies and asthma are doing. Unfortunately, peak flow alone cannot determine whether your small airways or large air ways are being affected. However, it's a relatively simple way to keep track of things.

My PEF is usually about 470L/min. When I feel a need for a broncho-dilator, I usually confirm how I'm feeling by checking my peak flow. I've noticed that I being to feel "tight" and "whistley" when I'm 360 or lower.

I'm a big fan of keeping a tight rein on my own health symptoms. I keep a log book in the bathroom where I write down my O2 sats, Heart rate, notes about my cough and sputum production, as well as my blood glucose. I also Write down what meds I'm giving myself, and at what time I do my vest. It keeps me honest and also alerts me of any unusual changes.

I hope keeping track of your peak flow will be something you can use for your own self-management.

Best wishes,
Lauren

lightNlife

I have a peak flow meter and check my numbers twice a day. The benefit of checking my PEF (Peak expiratory flow) helps me stay tuned in to how my allergies and asthma are doing. Unfortunately, peak flow alone cannot determine whether your small airways or large air ways are being affected. However, it's a relatively simple way to keep track of things.

My PEF is usually about 470L/min. When I feel a need for a broncho-dilator, I usually confirm how I'm feeling by checking my peak flow. I've noticed that I being to feel "tight" and "whistley" when I'm 360 or lower.

I'm a big fan of keeping a tight rein on my own health symptoms. I keep a log book in the bathroom where I write down my O2 sats, Heart rate, notes about my cough and sputum production, as well as my blood glucose. I also Write down what meds I'm giving myself, and at what time I do my vest. It keeps me honest and also alerts me of any unusual changes.

I hope keeping track of your peak flow will be something you can use for your own self-management.

Best wishes,
Lauren

lightNlife

Best wishes,
Lauren

lightNlife

Best wishes,
Lauren

lightNlife

Best wishes,
Lauren

lightNlife

Best wishes,
Lauren

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!
Good days = 300-360 (sometimes 400 - this is when I celebrate)
A lot of days = 250 range

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!

CowTown

850!

Jst kidding!