pedisure ?

butkool01

Im giving my 7 month old pedisure, i wasnt really instructed to but i know it helps gain weight and id like to try all my opitions before looking into g tubes. has anyone else every done this, and what was your outcome, or even what do you think? i just want to make sure im not harming her but i mean she has butter and cream also, and that hasnt hurt her...is it just because of the sugar content? well thanks please let me know!!

butkool01

Im giving my 7 month old pedisure, i wasnt really instructed to but i know it helps gain weight and id like to try all my opitions before looking into g tubes. has anyone else every done this, and what was your outcome, or even what do you think? i just want to make sure im not harming her but i mean she has butter and cream also, and that hasnt hurt her...is it just because of the sugar content? well thanks please let me know!!

butkool01

butkool01

butkool01

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried bumping up the calories in her formula? More powder to water ratio. The dietician gave us a recipe since ds wasn't a very good eater. I also added cream and vanilla nestle's quik powder to his bottles when he was around that age. Yobaby yogurt -- didn't have greek yogurt in our area back then. He pretty much got most of his calories from his formula, but I would grind up whatever we were having, as did daycare once he turned 6 months old. He did have texture issues, so a lot of times too I'd add butter and salt to baby food.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried bumping up the calories in her formula? More powder to water ratio. The dietician gave us a recipe since ds wasn't a very good eater. I also added cream and vanilla nestle's quik powder to his bottles when he was around that age. Yobaby yogurt -- didn't have greek yogurt in our area back then. He pretty much got most of his calories from his formula, but I would grind up whatever we were having, as did daycare once he turned 6 months old. He did have texture issues, so a lot of times too I'd add butter and salt to baby food.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

zoeg

My daughter didn't care for Pediasure (would always throw it up), but loves Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed with her milk. The CF doc. had us start that at about 11 months since she was so small with the formula. Another thing she loves is the Carnation Instant Breakfast Plus. That is already mixed and is lactose free so might be better for a small baby. Those are 375 calories and 17 grams of fat. I believe in vanilla they even have a fattier version.

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

My daughter didn't care for Pediasure (would always throw it up), but loves Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed with her milk. The CF doc. had us start that at about 11 months since she was so small with the formula. Another thing she loves is the Carnation Instant Breakfast Plus. That is already mixed and is lactose free so might be better for a small baby. Those are 375 calories and 17 grams of fat. I believe in vanilla they even have a fattier version.

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Zoe mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

<br />
<br />Zoe mom to Kate wCF

butkool01

I have her on the 24 cal diet butter and salt added, and i mean she eats like a jar and a half at a sitting with 4-6 oz but shes just not putting on the weight and they told me she is at her limit to enzymes to weight ratio so im like all outta opitions it feels like, i looked at the carnation instand but it says milk and shes only 7 months so shes a little young for whole milk but if i could i would believe me lol, well thanks!

butkool01

I have her on the 24 cal diet butter and salt added, and i mean she eats like a jar and a half at a sitting with 4-6 oz but shes just not putting on the weight and they told me she is at her limit to enzymes to weight ratio so im like all outta opitions it feels like, i looked at the carnation instand but it says milk and shes only 7 months so shes a little young for whole milk but if i could i would believe me lol, well thanks!

butkool01

butkool01

butkool01