penis question....enter with care

anonymous

In most cases if a woman has sex when she has a yeast infection there will be some pain and the action that takes place will only increase the yeastie from taking over by irritating the itch or pain. Having had a transplant, I have had my share of very mild yeastie-boys and I treat it with Tea tree oil suppositores. Works great
Risa

princessjdc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kybert</b></i>

or how about having your husband wear a condom? thats the most sensible soultion. having him wash himself wont do a darn thing. thats like saying you can wash aids away! i cant believe no one has suggested a condom! in fact, i cant believe you even had sex without protection, knowing you had thrush. i thought this was drummed into people in high school?!</end quote></div>

I know this post is a little old but I had to respond.

Washing with soap and water WILL help, if it doesnt get it all then it diffanatley helps at least the penis wont be sore and red , it will just be a little dried up.

kybert

if no one believes me, try and google it. you wont find anything that says soap and water will STOP thrush once youve had sex. you may perhaps find that water and soap [or salt water] is used as a part of a treatment once a man gets it, or as daily hygeine. all sites will say avoid sex or use a condom.

before anyone thinks im just being argumentative, im not. im just thinking about the poor men here who seem to be getting forgotten here. i know id be really annoyed if someone gave me thrush when they knew they had it. i mean, is it really that hard just to avoid sex so your poor partner doesnt have to go through the pain of getting thrush? as sean put it nicely... <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>If you get a yeast infection, spare the guy a giant chunk of potential misery and don't have sex till it's gone! </end quote></div>

anonymous

I beleive you Kylie!! Soap and water is part of good hygiene as a preventative, but will do nothing for an infection!! (Especially antibacterial soap which will make things worse, obviously)

princessjdc

I found this at a site below. The site is underneath hope this helps, I think it proves my point. The bold words.

When a man gets a yeast infection it can be caused by different things, in uncircumcised men things can get trapped in the foreskin and eventually build up to an infection,<b> it is good to clean the genitals after having intercourse to avoid infection. </b>

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.amoils.com/treatment/?q=node/40&PHPSESSID=e944d020e8322e662b3a1023d8f6563e">Men Yeast Infections</a>

dyza

soap and water won't work...............wire brush and dettol is the only way to go, thats according to Billy Connoly, a great Scottish ambassador.

F

fr3ak

I know this thread has been this way and that....

but there is one thing I want to point out, and that is to get a correct diagnosis you/your partner need to have swabs done and tested...

thrush in both men and women is a constant discharge that resembles cottage cheese....the area itself will be extremely itchy, and will drive you up the proverbial wall...(sorry to all the ppl who like cottage cheese and will never eat it again..LOL)

if the head of his penis is just red and peeling another reason for this could be friction burns due to lack of lubrication...

also want to note that a yeast infection does not just go away, it needs treatment so if the symptons spontaneously clear up without treatment I would doubt that its yeast.....

just some extra food for thought, just not cottage cheese!!!! LMAO

kybert

well that is the one site out of ALOT that ive seen that written. not to mention the website its on and the website they got their info from are very hmmmmm unprofessional to say the least.

princessjdc

Not all guys have a discharge, it can be red, sore and irritated. Same with women, if the yeast infection is not that bad then their won't be a discharge only mild itching. Im sticking to my guns SOAP and WATER works!

anonymous

soap and water works to prevent and avoid... it will do nothing once you already have an infection. Only meds can do that.