Persistent Wheeze

RockyLass

Any tips to clear up a pesky persistent wheeze on the right side? I just got out 2 days ago from the hospital for 2 weeks after a bad infection, I am still IVs, and don't want to come of IV til its gone, now on 3rd week.

Any tips? I have tried everything, CPT, G5, huffing puffing, its really annoying, It comes and goes and my mucus is really runny and almost white but still kind of yellow. It was really bad when I went in and has clear up very much, but still a little squeak here and there.

Go raibh maith agat! = Thank You

cam

Always have a weez steriods help but never gone away hope u get better sorry in hospital

kyeev

Any tips to clear up a pesky persistent wheeze on the right side? I just got out 2 days ago from the hospital for 2 weeks after a bad infection, I am still IVs, and don't want to come of IV til its gone, now on 3rd week.

Any tips? I have tried everything, CPT, G5, huffing puffing, its really annoying, It comes and goes and my mucus is really runny and almost white but still kind of yellow. It was really bad when I went in and has clear up very much, but still a little squeak here and there.

Go raibh maith agat! = Thank You

Your symptoms with the runny mucous sound familiar to me; You might be getting acid reflux into your lungs.
I had chronic lung inflammation that got worse and worse over a 3 year period til we figured out it might be acid from tummy causing it.
So now I take Omeprazole/Losec every day.
Its stopped the wheeze in my chest and also stopped the chronic runny mucous problem I had, especially at night.
Its also helped me put on some weight as a side effect cos apparently it makes your enzymes (creon etc) work better.

Go n-eiri an bothar leat!

RockyLass

Hi Kyeev, you know I think you are right. I recently started retaking my anti acid reflux meds, only cause i stopped because i thought i no longer needed them and i also read its not good to take Proton Pump Inhibitors for an extended period, but seems like I have no choice. Long story short I did start retaking my refulx meds back in the hospital and now notice it is going away slowly. How weird, its not like you feel a burning in your lungs, nor near my nose or anything like that!

Go raibh maith agat :)

kyeev

Hi Kyeev, you know I think you are right. I recently started retaking my anti acid reflux meds, only cause i stopped because i thought i no longer needed them and i also read its not good to take Proton Pump Inhibitors for an extended period, but seems like I have no choice. Long story short I did start retaking my refulx meds back in the hospital and now notice it is going away slowly. How weird, its not like you feel a burning in your lungs, nor near my nose or anything like that!

Go raibh maith agat :)

Yeah, I didn't feel any burning in my lungs or nose either.
And I didn't even think I suffered too badly from heartburn, although looking back I did avoid certain food and drinks and had started to take a fair bit of Gaviscon some nights before bed.
But sure enough when I started the Omeprazole, I could eat what I wanted, and the that awful tight chest went away.

Is iontach go bhfuil tu ceart go leor aris.