Personal Spirometry Survey for insurance and a correction!

Imogene

Administrator
Dear Members,
In my survey letter...it says there are seven questions...but after the demographic questions, there are 10 questions. So sorry for this misprint.
This survey should only take at a minimum 2 minutes, and it is important as we move forward with digital spirometry. This community can lead the way.
We hope everyone is on board.
So take the survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/985481/Insurance (There are only seven questions for the Health Care Providers).
Looking forward to personal spirometry for this community!
Jeanne

lilmac7

Huh? I'm a bit lost here, in all my 30 yrs of doing them they've always been digital - after all it takes all sorts of algorythms/calculations and what not to determine all the aspects of a full spirometry test. The only thing that was not was a peak flow meter. So not sure if that term is being used here correctly, not being an a** or anything just saying it kind of threw me off when I first read the post.

nocode

Sounds good Jeanne.
I'm wondering which spirometers pair with phones and ipads? I haven't seen any with that feature.

Imogene

Administrator
Great questions. I am very interested in exploring home spirometry for this community and getting it paid for. There are home spirometers that are BlueTooth. Please take the survey, so we can present the data. So far, most of you want to hear more and are excited for this type of digital device.
More to come...
Jeanne

lilmac7

I'm interested to know that as well, haven't seen any. Could you give me some info on a Bluetooth one? Seems the question was dodged.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Mark,
It might be that to preserve the validity of the sample, they cannot expand/explain the questions until it is complete. Been ages since I studied sampling, but just a thought.

lilmac7

Cool, makes sense. I've just been searching and thinking of getting one for a while now to help me better monitor myself. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of often enough proper CF clinic visits nor do I have the best of lungs so I do all I can to keep myself where I'm at and not decline - if there's improvement in my lungs then great that's a plus too. But for my lung function I don't have forever to wait on things sometimes. I may just save up and buy one of the ones I see online - they're pricy though.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Mark, I can totally understand--time just seems to stand still and then move at lightening speed all at once. I'm pretty sure there was a recent post about various home spirometer options. Maybe start a new thread asking for peoples thoughts/input? I'd love to know more too, but our son is too young (3), so I'm not yet familar with this all.

markinohio

The question about cost of stay for hospital visits- Are you looking for the cost the insurance company pays or our out of pocket cost? Is is possible to have an options that says "not sure" because I don't know the cost of all my hospital visits. I could make an educated guess I suppose. Thanks.

Mark age 43

K

kross10911

Markinohio, I just put what my total stay costs, I didnt even think about if they meant out of pocket or what. I know that if I stay two weeks its an average of 50,000$

lilmac7

I've never seen a thread here on personal/portable/home spirometry before but then again I've only gotten back quite active on here in the last 2+ months or so, maybe it was before that. Anywho w/e I'll just continue saving and when I do have enough to pull the trigger on getting one then I'll make up my mind on which one to go for. Makes no sense for me to blab on and on and ask questions when I'm not at the stage of being ready to buy it yet

M

marcijo

I think it's just in test phase? My sister in law emailed me that link yesterday-I want to get it!