PGD and IVF

mbrandazzo

I am just curious if anyone out there has tried/experienced PGD with IVF? My husband and I want to have more children someday, but are worried about passing CF on to another child... We have heard this is an option, but are not sure of the success rates, insurance coverage, procedure, etc... If anyone has ANY information, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Megan - Mommy to beautiful baby boy w/ cf

mbrandazzo

I am just curious if anyone out there has tried/experienced PGD with IVF? My husband and I want to have more children someday, but are worried about passing CF on to another child... We have heard this is an option, but are not sure of the success rates, insurance coverage, procedure, etc... If anyone has ANY information, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

mbrandazzo

Thank you,

mbrandazzo

Thank you,

mbrandazzo

<br />
<br />Thank you,
<br />Megan - Mommy to beautiful baby boy w/ cf

JazzysMom

If you go to the pregnancy area of the TOPIC SPECIFIC section you will find a ton of threads & people who have been through it or are currently going through it.

We have many success stories!!!!

JazzysMom

If you go to the pregnancy area of the TOPIC SPECIFIC section you will find a ton of threads & people who have been through it or are currently going through it.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />We have many success stories!!!!

M

mneville

Hi Megan. We did not know we were carriers and we had our first son Aidan, who was diagnosed as a Double Delta at birth. We knew we would not take the chance on passing this to another baby so we did IVF/PGD. It worked! Our second son Gavin is 18 months old.

I would love to share our story with you. It is expensive. Our IVF was covered by insurance but did not cover PGD. We used Genesis Genetics in Michigan to test our embryos. PM me if you would like more info...

Megan. mom to Aidan 4 with CF and Gavin, 18 months no CF

M

mneville

Hi Megan. We did not know we were carriers and we had our first son Aidan, who was diagnosed as a Double Delta at birth. We knew we would not take the chance on passing this to another baby so we did IVF/PGD. It worked! Our second son Gavin is 18 months old.

I would love to share our story with you. It is expensive. Our IVF was covered by insurance but did not cover PGD. We used Genesis Genetics in Michigan to test our embryos. PM me if you would like more info...

M

mneville

M

mneville

M

mneville

<br />
<br />I would love to share our story with you. It is expensive. Our IVF was covered by insurance but did not cover PGD. We used Genesis Genetics in Michigan to test our embryos. PM me if you would like more info...
<br />
<br />Megan. mom to Aidan 4 with CF and Gavin, 18 months no CF