PGD?IVF and Insurance Coverage

AhopefulMommy

serendipity and any others who have done PGD--My husband & I are both CF carriers, we have one miracle son who is not even a carrier, didn't know when we concieved the first time. We are trying desperately for #2. We have done IVF with PGD once with RGI/IHR in Chicago, IL. Fortunately, we DO have insurance coverage for PGD (with Cigna), they tried to deny IVF but I have appealed them to death and they have paid. Our second cycle was cx due to empty follicles at ER.....BUST, we are on our third cycle with RGI/IHR. Problem is if this doesn't work I dont know where to go!!!! Genesis is the only other place I know that does PGD for CF and they are out of network for us which is TERRIBLE for reimbursement and after 3 cycles...we do have some out of pocket plus travel and meds, we are BUSTED!! Please let me know if you have any experiences to share or advice of any other PGD clinics for CF, Thanks, Amanda

AhopefulMommy

serendipity and any others who have done PGD--My husband & I are both CF carriers, we have one miracle son who is not even a carrier, didn't know when we concieved the first time. We are trying desperately for #2. We have done IVF with PGD once with RGI/IHR in Chicago, IL. Fortunately, we DO have insurance coverage for PGD (with Cigna), they tried to deny IVF but I have appealed them to death and they have paid. Our second cycle was cx due to empty follicles at ER.....BUST, we are on our third cycle with RGI/IHR. Problem is if this doesn't work I dont know where to go!!!! Genesis is the only other place I know that does PGD for CF and they are out of network for us which is TERRIBLE for reimbursement and after 3 cycles...we do have some out of pocket plus travel and meds, we are BUSTED!! Please let me know if you have any experiences to share or advice of any other PGD clinics for CF, Thanks, Amanda

AhopefulMommy

AhopefulMommy

AhopefulMommy

mbrandazzo

Hi,

My husband and I are also looking into trying IVF/PGD. We have a 17 month old with CF and want to have more children.

My ob/gyn wrote a referral for us to have the procedures, however the "Medical Group" (I guess above the docs)denied us coverage because of a question of ethics. I have since written an appeal and am waiting for a response. When I spoke with our insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) they said with an approval from the medical group,
it should be covered... I don't know if that just means the IVF would be covered or both...

Also, if we do go through with the IVF/PGD, it will be through the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin/Froedert Hospital located in Milwaukee, which just started doing this procedure with CF families. This is where our son's CF team is and we feel very confident and comfortable with their care. They are truly AMAZING!

Thanks for these posts, I really want to talk to people about this subject because it is a hard decision to make.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

My husband and I are also looking into trying IVF/PGD. We have a 17 month old with CF and want to have more children.

My ob/gyn wrote a referral for us to have the procedures, however the "Medical Group" (I guess above the docs)denied us coverage because of a question of ethics. I have since written an appeal and am waiting for a response. When I spoke with our insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) they said with an approval from the medical group,
it should be covered... I don't know if that just means the IVF would be covered or both...

Also, if we do go through with the IVF/PGD, it will be through the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin/Froedert Hospital located in Milwaukee, which just started doing this procedure with CF families. This is where our son's CF team is and we feel very confident and comfortable with their care. They are truly AMAZING!

Thanks for these posts, I really want to talk to people about this subject because it is a hard decision to make.

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,

mbrandazzo

Hi,
<br />
<br />My husband and I are also looking into trying IVF/PGD. We have a 17 month old with CF and want to have more children.
<br />
<br />My ob/gyn wrote a referral for us to have the procedures, however the "Medical Group" (I guess above the docs)denied us coverage because of a question of ethics. I have since written an appeal and am waiting for a response. When I spoke with our insurance company (Blue Cross Blue Shield) they said with an approval from the medical group,
<br />it should be covered... I don't know if that just means the IVF would be covered or both...
<br />
<br />Also, if we do go through with the IVF/PGD, it will be through the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin/Froedert Hospital located in Milwaukee, which just started doing this procedure with CF families. This is where our son's CF team is and we feel very confident and comfortable with their care. They are truly AMAZING!
<br />
<br />Thanks for these posts, I really want to talk to people about this subject because it is a hard decision to make.