PGD, IVH

annaally

I hope to find more information about your personal expereinces with PGD. We are a (Norwegian/Austrian) couple, living in Norway, both delta F 508 carriers with no children. We have had one abortion due to an affected fetus.
We are no considering PGD abroad (it is not allowed in Norway), instead of playing "lotto"...But, I am also scared of this as I have read that not all embyos are healthy, and it is tough emotionally when it does not work. I feel that it would be valuable to learn more about the expereinces of others, so that we easer feel like we make our own right choice.

Why did you go for the PGD?
How many times did you have to go trough the treatment?
Did you have any complications?
How did the hormone treatment go for you?
How long time did it take you from getting in contact with the clinic, to actuallay being pregnant?
Have you also gone through an abortion, in what can you say about the different "roads", pgd compared to abortion?
Please add more information, if you want!

I am greatful for all your help!

Anna

annaally

I hope to find more information about your personal expereinces with PGD. We are a (Norwegian/Austrian) couple, living in Norway, both delta F 508 carriers with no children. We have had one abortion due to an affected fetus.
We are no considering PGD abroad (it is not allowed in Norway), instead of playing "lotto"...But, I am also scared of this as I have read that not all embyos are healthy, and it is tough emotionally when it does not work. I feel that it would be valuable to learn more about the expereinces of others, so that we easer feel like we make our own right choice.

How long time did it take you from getting in contact with the clinic, to actuallay being pregnant?
Have you also gone through an abortion, in what can you say about the different "roads", pgd compared to abortion?

Anna

annaally

Anna

annaally

Anna

annaally

Anna

tara

Hi Anna,

I have CF myself and my husband does not carry the gene. We did IVF for different reasons, but not PGD. I can't answer any of your PGD questions but I can tell you some things about IVF.

The hormone treatments did not affect me at all, if you're talking about mood swings. I'm not easily affected by hormones I suppose. I did get overstimulated and that was a bit painful. My ovaries actually "bounced" when I walked. I could feel them.

We did IVF just once and it worked for us. We had 11 eggs retreived, even though I had 20 mature size follicles (about half of them were empty) and 20 immature small follies, no eggs there of course. From those 11 eggs we got 5 embryos. We tranferred 4 of them to my uterus and now we have twins. The 5th embryo didn't make it so we had zero embies left to freeze. Talk about having all your eggs in one basket! We paid 100% out of pocket for the IVF cycle so it was nerve wrecking.

We decided to do IVF in early November, 2003. Most of our pre-cycle testing was done since we were established clients at this clinic for other infertility treatments (IUI). They had room for us in the January 2004 cycle, so that's when our IVF took place and we got pregnant. So for us, it was exactly 3 months (Nov 1, 2003 - Feb 6, 2004) from when we decided to do IVF to when we got our first positive on the pregnancy test.

I hope some of this IVF information helps. Good luck Anna.

tara

Hi Anna,

I have CF myself and my husband does not carry the gene. We did IVF for different reasons, but not PGD. I can't answer any of your PGD questions but I can tell you some things about IVF.

The hormone treatments did not affect me at all, if you're talking about mood swings. I'm not easily affected by hormones I suppose. I did get overstimulated and that was a bit painful. My ovaries actually "bounced" when I walked. I could feel them.

We did IVF just once and it worked for us. We had 11 eggs retreived, even though I had 20 mature size follicles (about half of them were empty) and 20 immature small follies, no eggs there of course. From those 11 eggs we got 5 embryos. We tranferred 4 of them to my uterus and now we have twins. The 5th embryo didn't make it so we had zero embies left to freeze. Talk about having all your eggs in one basket! We paid 100% out of pocket for the IVF cycle so it was nerve wrecking.

We decided to do IVF in early November, 2003. Most of our pre-cycle testing was done since we were established clients at this clinic for other infertility treatments (IUI). They had room for us in the January 2004 cycle, so that's when our IVF took place and we got pregnant. So for us, it was exactly 3 months (Nov 1, 2003 - Feb 6, 2004) from when we decided to do IVF to when we got our first positive on the pregnancy test.

tara

Hi Anna,

tara

Hi Anna,

tara

Hi Anna,