Pharmacies?

cabadie1

Where do most of you get your meds from? We have been using the CF services pharmacy for years now. My daughter was just accepted for Medicaid in Louisiana where we live. I found out yesterday that they are not in contract with them. It would really help to have her medicines covered.

Gammaw

Super Moderator
I've never had any trouble getting most of the meds including enzymes from either CVS or Walgreens. As for things like TOBI, we get it from the Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy through the mail. We used to get it from CVS and Walgreens too, but lots of things have changed to specialty pharmacies as of late. Medicaid has pulled lots of things from them . . . .even the Pari LC Plus Nebulizer kits, which I think are even made by a division of Walgreens. Walgreens can't even sell them to us for CASH according to their contract with Medicaid. . . !! That change happened just this past month. Instead we get them from this site's link to MedRise. Our CF Clinic couldn't even find another supplier after months of trying. I'm still looking for a place to get them using Medicaid as the insurance carrier. It's ridiculous. We used to have them covered under my husband's health insurance but the coverage cost approximately $600 a month and didn't cover some things we needed. So we switched to just Medicaid. Now Medicaid is manipulating things beyone belief. I'm not sure, but I suspect it has to do with the Affordable Care Act . . . . not very affordable!

JENNYC

Not sure about Tobi and Pulmozyme because we have to get that through a "special pharmacy" or our insurance won't approve it. But hyper-sal and creon yes :)