Pharmacy invading privacy

CFkitty

So I have CFRD. My recent HgA1c was near perfect. My doctors are very happy. I have improved my numbers

My insurance requires me to purchase my maintenance medications by mail order pharmacy. Said pharmacy emailed me stating that I haven't reordered testing supplies since X date. I emailed them, telling them that my sugars are under control, and thanks, but no thanks. They call me today and I spent 20 min on the phone with them. the woman kept badgering me, telling me that she needs to call my doctor to confirm that I am testing appropriately.

Has anyone else experienced this? I felt that my privacy was hugely violated by the questions I was asked. I explained to the woman that CFRD is managed a bit differently than Type 1 or Type 2 and she, ignorant of CF or CFRD just kept repeating "I understand, ma'am, I'm going to go ahead and call your doctor..."

I spend $4000 a year just on prescription co-pays. I don't need a for-profit company harassing me about purchasing more products when I don't need them. I finally talked to a supervisor who lodged a complaint.

CFkitty

So I have CFRD. My recent HgA1c was near perfect. My doctors are very happy. I have improved my numbers

My insurance requires me to purchase my maintenance medications by mail order pharmacy. Said pharmacy emailed me stating that I haven't reordered testing supplies since X date. I emailed them, telling them that my sugars are under control, and thanks, but no thanks. They call me today and I spent 20 min on the phone with them. the woman kept badgering me, telling me that she needs to call my doctor to confirm that I am testing appropriately.

Has anyone else experienced this? I felt that my privacy was hugely violated by the questions I was asked. I explained to the woman that CFRD is managed a bit differently than Type 1 or Type 2 and she, ignorant of CF or CFRD just kept repeating "I understand, ma'am, I'm going to go ahead and call your doctor..."

I spend $4000 a year just on prescription co-pays. I don't need a for-profit company harassing me about purchasing more products when I don't need them. I finally talked to a supervisor who lodged a complaint.

CFkitty

<br />
<br />My insurance requires me to purchase my maintenance medications by mail order pharmacy. Said pharmacy emailed me stating that I haven't reordered testing supplies since X date. I emailed them, telling them that my sugars are under control, and thanks, but no thanks. They call me today and I spent 20 min on the phone with them. the woman kept badgering me, telling me that she needs to call my doctor to confirm that I am testing appropriately.
<br />
<br />Has anyone else experienced this? I felt that my privacy was hugely violated by the questions I was asked. I explained to the woman that CFRD is managed a bit differently than Type 1 or Type 2 and she, ignorant of CF or CFRD just kept repeating "I understand, ma'am, I'm going to go ahead and call your doctor..."
<br />
<br />I spend $4000 a year just on prescription co-pays. I don't need a for-profit company harassing me about purchasing more products when I don't need them. I finally talked to a supervisor who lodged a complaint.

Giggles

Thats crazy. All I could think of when reading this is I notice insurance companies are now offering nurse hotlines etc. to help people coordinate their care or do what they are suppose to be doing for their care. I notice I myself get letters from the insurance company about this all in relation to my diabetes too. Maybe there is something going on with insurance companies and these seperate services they are offering people with diabetes. But no, they should not be giving you a hard time about ordering or not ordering ANY medication or supplies. Glad you talked to a supervisor there. Those call centers for insurance companies are so frusterating to deal with. You can get 5 different answers if you call them and talk to 5 different people. Very inconsistent and does not help a person manage insurance issues very well! Sigh!

Hang in there and glad your A1C is so awesome!!!!

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

Thats crazy. All I could think of when reading this is I notice insurance companies are now offering nurse hotlines etc. to help people coordinate their care or do what they are suppose to be doing for their care. I notice I myself get letters from the insurance company about this all in relation to my diabetes too. Maybe there is something going on with insurance companies and these seperate services they are offering people with diabetes. But no, they should not be giving you a hard time about ordering or not ordering ANY medication or supplies. Glad you talked to a supervisor there. Those call centers for insurance companies are so frusterating to deal with. You can get 5 different answers if you call them and talk to 5 different people. Very inconsistent and does not help a person manage insurance issues very well! Sigh!

Hang in there and glad your A1C is so awesome!!!!

Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD

Giggles

<br />
<br />Hang in there and glad your A1C is so awesome!!!!
<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with CF and CFRD