Picc Line Infection?

BlissingOut

Hello, I couldn't find another topic on this.

Heres the story - my boyfriend is usually very healthy, but the last winter has been really tough, especially since he caught the flu. Its his third hospital stay in 4 months and hes been here three weeks. The upsetting part is that he got better and then went into a nosedive and they dont know why.

Today a doc came in and said his blood tested positive for yeast so they're pulling his picc line.

Could this explain it all? Hes gone from walking around to being completely dependent on his bipap. Will this really clear it up? His doc has been gone for awhile so we've got another one who doesnt really make predictions (ie hes going to do better...etc)

Anyone have any experience with this??

BlissingOut

Heres the story - my boyfriend is usually very healthy, but the last winter has been really tough, especially since he caught the flu. Its his third hospital stay in 4 months and hes been here three weeks. The upsetting part is that he got better and then went into a nosedive and they dont know why.

Today a doc came in and said his blood tested positive for yeast so they're pulling his picc line.

Could this explain it all? Hes gone from walking around to being completely dependent on his bipap. Will this really clear it up? His doc has been gone for awhile so we've got another one who doesnt really make predictions (ie hes going to do better...etc)

Anyone have any experience with this??

BlissingOut

<br />
<br />Heres the story - my boyfriend is usually very healthy, but the last winter has been really tough, especially since he caught the flu. Its his third hospital stay in 4 months and hes been here three weeks. The upsetting part is that he got better and then went into a nosedive and they dont know why.
<br />
<br />Today a doc came in and said his blood tested positive for yeast so they're pulling his picc line.
<br />
<br />Could this explain it all? Hes gone from walking around to being completely dependent on his bipap. Will this really clear it up? His doc has been gone for awhile so we've got another one who doesnt really make predictions (ie hes going to do better...etc)
<br />
<br />Anyone have any experience with this??

Jana

Sorry, I don't really have an answer to your question. I had an infected picc line once, and it was quite miserable, but I don't know anything about yeast. I did once know someone (not with CF) who was very sick for a long period of time, and they eventually found the problem was from yeast--candida, right?

I wish I could help but just wanted to say I hope this will help your husband get to feeling better again.

Jana

Sorry, I don't really have an answer to your question. I had an infected picc line once, and it was quite miserable, but I don't know anything about yeast. I did once know someone (not with CF) who was very sick for a long period of time, and they eventually found the problem was from yeast--candida, right?

I wish I could help but just wanted to say I hope this will help your husband get to feeling better again.

Jana

<br />
<br />I wish I could help but just wanted to say I hope this will help your husband get to feeling better again.