PICC Lines

maryiris

Agreed with the above - I exercise - no lifting of anything. I do tone-down the exercising a bit when I have the picc.
<br />
<br />Speaking of piccs - little side note:
<br />
<br />
<br />Cleaning lady at Children's National felt bad for me - taping up the arm to shower was tearing my skin off (very sensitive) - she went down to the burn unit and found a glove - it's huge - covers your entire arm - secure it at the shoulder and you have full movement with lots of bending room. Much better!! Just one of those times someone went above and beyond and made a big difference.

tesorotiffa

I did pole dancing aerobics while I had a picc line. My doc wasn't too happy about that because it involved really straining your arm muscles, but it was only twice a week so I did it anyway. But I do agree with the above posts about laying off of weights and such while you have the PICC.

tesorotiffa

I did pole dancing aerobics while I had a picc line. My doc wasn't too happy about that because it involved really straining your arm muscles, but it was only twice a week so I did it anyway. But I do agree with the above posts about laying off of weights and such while you have the PICC.

tesorotiffa

phutton

I agree with everyone it is a matter of personal choice!! I continue to teach Yoga, Pilates, and Boot Camp classes with my PICC line, but I limit the weights. Right now I am teaching Silver Sneakers where I do toning with light weights.

phutton

I agree with everyone it is a matter of personal choice!! I continue to teach Yoga, Pilates, and Boot Camp classes with my PICC line, but I limit the weights. Right now I am teaching Silver Sneakers where I do toning with light weights.

phutton