piccs and clots

catboogie

hey christian,

this EXACT thing happened to me, except that it came out at the end of my picc line when the nurse was taking it out. it was so gross! a bloody red worm. it gave me the willies just thinking about it for a week! the nurse said she'd never seen anything like it before. i was sure it was a clot. i had run out of heparin and so hadn't flushed it for a little over 24 hours, and i thought this is probably what caused it.

i wouldn't be too worried if i were you. i'm glad that thing came out, but even if it had stayed in, the way i understand it, it would have dissolved. if you are worried, like people said, call your doc.

good luck.

catboogie

hey christian,

this EXACT thing happened to me, except that it came out at the end of my picc line when the nurse was taking it out. it was so gross! a bloody red worm. it gave me the willies just thinking about it for a week! the nurse said she'd never seen anything like it before. i was sure it was a clot. i had run out of heparin and so hadn't flushed it for a little over 24 hours, and i thought this is probably what caused it.

i wouldn't be too worried if i were you. i'm glad that thing came out, but even if it had stayed in, the way i understand it, it would have dissolved. if you are worried, like people said, call your doc.

good luck.

catboogie

hey christian,

good luck.

catboogie

hey christian,

good luck.

catboogie

hey christian,

good luck.

Asexyblond23

I havent pulled a long clot out of my picc but short ones out of a perphieral line. But I have factor 5 liden which means that my blood clots more then normal. I have trouble with clots every single time I have a picc line. I have to be on lovenox a blood thinner along with the hephrin that I fulsh with everytime. Clots are normal with picc lines so dont freak out to much. I would deff just let your doctor know!

Asexyblond23

I havent pulled a long clot out of my picc but short ones out of a perphieral line. But I have factor 5 liden which means that my blood clots more then normal. I have trouble with clots every single time I have a picc line. I have to be on lovenox a blood thinner along with the hephrin that I fulsh with everytime. Clots are normal with picc lines so dont freak out to much. I would deff just let your doctor know!

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23