plastic surgery

sarabeth87

I'm thinking about having some lipo around my stomach area. I know this seems weird coming from a CFer, but I really don't have a huge problem gaining weight. In fact I'm 5'4" and weigh 144 lbs and I hardly ever take my enzymes. My weight has even got to 150. My stomach has bothered me since I was in the 7th grade. People would make rude comments about how I needed to do sit ups and now people ask me if I'm pregnant all the time. I know some of it's just from bloating (which is CF related) but I do have a pretty good bit of fat around that area. Anyways what do you guys think about it?

sarabeth87

I'm thinking about having some lipo around my stomach area. I know this seems weird coming from a CFer, but I really don't have a huge problem gaining weight. In fact I'm 5'4" and weigh 144 lbs and I hardly ever take my enzymes. My weight has even got to 150. My stomach has bothered me since I was in the 7th grade. People would make rude comments about how I needed to do sit ups and now people ask me if I'm pregnant all the time. I know some of it's just from bloating (which is CF related) but I do have a pretty good bit of fat around that area. Anyways what do you guys think about it?

sarabeth87

sarabeth87

sarabeth87

Diane

I think a lot would depend on your lung status. I know that Dr.s dont like using anesthesia on cf patients unless absolutely necessary. If you have very healthy lungs then maybe you could discuss it with your Dr. and see if lipo is an option for you.

Diane

I think a lot would depend on your lung status. I know that Dr.s dont like using anesthesia on cf patients unless absolutely necessary. If you have very healthy lungs then maybe you could discuss it with your Dr. and see if lipo is an option for you.

Diane

Diane

Diane

<br />

Melissa75

Administrator
Have you exhausted all other options?
My neighbor had a tummy tuck with her last c-section and couldn't cough/sneeze/laugh without pain for six weeks. Tummy tuck is not the same as lipo, but after seeing her experience, I would be wary of anything that impairs mucus clearance due to pain...
I wish the best for you.

Melissa75

Administrator
My neighbor had a tummy tuck with her last c-section and couldn't cough/sneeze/laugh without pain for six weeks. Tummy tuck is not the same as lipo, but after seeing her experience, I would be wary of anything that impairs mucus clearance due to pain...
I wish the best for you.

Melissa75

Administrator
I wish the best for you.

Melissa75

Administrator
I wish the best for you.

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />My neighbor had a tummy tuck with her last c-section and couldn't cough/sneeze/laugh without pain for six weeks. Tummy tuck is not the same as lipo, but after seeing her experience, I would be wary of anything that impairs mucus clearance due to pain...
<br />I wish the best for you.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about it other than what I've see on tv - both reality tv and others, but there was something on the news a year or so ago about "smart lipo". Basically lasers were used to melt away the fat and remove it much easier. Less invasive, shorter recovery time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about it other than what I've see on tv - both reality tv and others, but there was something on the news a year or so ago about "smart lipo". Basically lasers were used to melt away the fat and remove it much easier. Less invasive, shorter recovery time.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member