please help make hospital stay better

nursedana

Looking for any and all ideas possible to put together a room dedicated to only CF patients.  We are dedicating a room to a patient and dear friend we lost to CF, we want to better the hospital stay of CF patients, I work in an adult hospital.  We would like to make the room less "hospital" if you know what I mean.  Starting with a flat screen TV, dvd, game console, and the rest we would like your input please.  Please help us help our patients be more at ease as you know they/you have enough to deal with.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

nursedana

Looking for any and all ideas possible to put together a room dedicated to only CF patients. We are dedicating a room to a patient and dear friend we lost to CF, we want to better the hospital stay of CF patients, I work in an adult hospital. We would like to make the room less "hospital" if you know what I mean. Starting with a flat screen TV, dvd, game console, and the rest we would like your input please. Please help us help our patients be more at ease as you know they/you have enough to deal with. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

nursedana

Looking for any and all ideas possible to put together a room dedicated to only CF patients. We are dedicating a room to a patient and dear friend we lost to CF, we want to better the hospital stay of CF patients, I work in an adult hospital. We would like to make the room less "hospital" if you know what I mean. Starting with a flat screen TV, dvd, game console, and the rest we would like your input please. Please help us help our patients be more at ease as you know they/you have enough to deal with. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..

duke1234

Mini fridge if possible! My old cf center in Atlanta had them in the rooms and when they closed that and I had to go back to the hospitals that's a big thing I missed.

duke1234

Mini fridge if possible! My old cf center in Atlanta had them in the rooms and when they closed that and I had to go back to the hospitals that's a big thing I missed.

duke1234

LouLou

- removable shower head wand since showering is difficult when one has a port accessed or PICC in arm and a bathtub in the hospital setting would be gross.
- motion detected sink and paper towel dispenser (for cleanliness)
- in room sink where we can request personnel wash their hands (away from our clean bathroom) with soap and purell dispensers.
- cleaning supply closet with mop with disposible head that is used for only our room.
- white board on door for patient to leave notes to staff like - DO NOT DISTURB BETWEEN 1:00am and 7:00am
- sterilizer for patients to run things through like remotes and other things that they drop on the ground that they want sanitized. Maybe even nebulizers like Eflows they bring from home that the hospital can't provide.

LouLou

- removable shower head wand since showering is difficult when one has a port accessed or PICC in arm and a bathtub in the hospital setting would be gross.
- motion detected sink and paper towel dispenser (for cleanliness)
- in room sink where we can request personnel wash their hands (away from our clean bathroom) with soap and purell dispensers.
- cleaning supply closet with mop with disposible head that is used for only our room.
- white board on door for patient to leave notes to staff like - DO NOT DISTURB BETWEEN 1:00am and 7:00am
- sterilizer for patients to run things through like remotes and other things that they drop on the ground that they want sanitized. Maybe even nebulizers like Eflows they bring from home that the hospital can't provide.

LouLou

<br />- motion detected sink and paper towel dispenser (for cleanliness)
<br />- in room sink where we can request personnel wash their hands (away from our clean bathroom) with soap and purell dispensers.
<br />- cleaning supply closet with mop with disposible head that is used for only our room.
<br />- white board on door for patient to leave notes to staff like - DO NOT DISTURB BETWEEN 1:00am and 7:00am
<br />- sterilizer for patients to run things through like remotes and other things that they drop on the ground that they want sanitized. Maybe even nebulizers like Eflows they bring from home that the hospital can't provide.
<br />

mamaScarlett

First off, you ROCK!<br><br>I couldn't live without my fridge when I'm in the clinker, so yes, a small fridge is a must. Sometimes you want your own snacks, drinks, plus you can keep healthier options in your own fridge.<br>I also sneak in a tiny coffee maker-its about 10 inches high and makes one cup. (walmart, $10) I literally can not live-exist-without my OWN coffee in the morning. In room hospital coffee is toxic. My doctor kindly looked the other way and never scolded me for this! <br>I always bring my own small fan, like 8x8 size. Its wonderful not just for cooling, but for drowning out hospital noises at night!<br>A small rug or pad for the floor by the side of the bed. Its gross to get up and have to put your feet on the bare floor (even with socks) and it gives the room a nice touch.<br>I culture cepacia so I can't go out to physical therapy. They always give me my own exercise equipment for the stay-yoga mat, dvds, exercise band and a bike in the room. <br>

mamaScarlett

First off, you ROCK!<br><br>I couldn't live without my fridge when I'm in the clinker, so yes, a small fridge is a must. Sometimes you want your own snacks, drinks, plus you can keep healthier options in your own fridge.<br>I also sneak in a tiny coffee maker-its about 10 inches high and makes one cup. (walmart, $10) I literally can not live-exist-without my OWN coffee in the morning. In room hospital coffee is toxic. My doctor kindly looked the other way and never scolded me for this! <br>I always bring my own small fan, like 8x8 size. Its wonderful not just for cooling, but for drowning out hospital noises at night!<br>A small rug or pad for the floor by the side of the bed. Its gross to get up and have to put your feet on the bare floor (even with socks) and it gives the room a nice touch.<br>I culture cepacia so I can't go out to physical therapy. They always give me my own exercise equipment for the stay-yoga mat, dvds, exercise band and a bike in the room. <br>

mamaScarlett

Tammy15

<P>Sounds like you are off to a good start.  The hospital we used had a family lounge that had TV a computer games etc. </P>
<P>There was a sink and locked cupboards that they kept filled with things like popcorn pudding  all kinds of goodies. Only CF patients had a key to these cupboards so no one else could take them. There was also a fridge which held various drinks . </P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Tammy</P>
<P> </P>

Tammy15

<P>Sounds like you are off to a goodstart. The hospital we used had a family lounge that had TV a computer games etc. </P>
<P>There was a sink and locked cupboards that they kept filled with things like popcorn pudding all kinds of goodies. Only CF patients had a key to these cupboards so no one else could take them. There was also a fridge which held various drinks . </P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy</P>
<P></P>

Tammy15

<P><BR>Sounds like you are off to a goodstart. The hospital we used had a family lounge that had TV a computer games etc. </P>
<P>There was a sink and locked cupboards that they kept filled with things like popcorn pudding all kinds of goodies. Only CF patients had a key to these cupboards so no one else could take them. There was also a fridge which held various drinks . </P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy</P>
<P></P>

D

Deb

This seems pretty small and silly, but a supply of kleenex. Not the tiny, paper thin kind the hospital provides, but full size Kleenex.

D

Deb

This seems pretty small and silly, but a supply of kleenex. Not the tiny, paper thin kind the hospital provides, but full size Kleenex.