please help

mrsp86

my little boy is having a sweat test can you please list the symptoms for me so i can compare ps im new so hello every one

mrsp86

my little boy is having a sweat test can you please list the symptoms for me so i can compare ps im new so hello every one

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

JazzysMom

Well I am sorry to hear you are going through CF testing.

The "classic" CF symptoms are failure to thrive, poor weight gain, excessive appetite, respiratory infections, loose/bulky/smelly/greasy stools.

There can also be sinus issues. Some have had all the symptoms & some have had 1. You are fortunate to have a doctor willing to test. We have had members who had all the obvious symptoms, but their diagnosis went undetected for a long time.

May I suggest something to. A sweat test is usually the starting point of testing. Until genetic testing came, sweat tests were the only way to diagnose CF. Since then it seems that the Sweat Test can have many flaws.

It is important that it be done by an Accredited CF Center to avoid any problems. When you are given the results....dont except a "worded result" such as normal, low high or borderline. Get an actual number.

If you are in doubt at any time of the results...demand the genetic testing.

I dont want to scare you, but we have had people with low, borderline or negative sweat tests that got diagnosed through the genetic testing.

If you could share come of your sons symptoms, we might be able to give you some personal feedback as to our thoughts.

I am glad you found us & please ask or come back as often as needed during this whole process no matter what the results!

HUGS

JazzysMom

The "classic" CF symptoms are failure to thrive, poor weight gain, excessive appetite, respiratory infections, loose/bulky/smelly/greasy stools.

There can also be sinus issues. Some have had all the symptoms & some have had 1. You are fortunate to have a doctor willing to test. We have had members who had all the obvious symptoms, but their diagnosis went undetected for a long time.

May I suggest something to. A sweat test is usually the starting point of testing. Until genetic testing came, sweat tests were the only way to diagnose CF. Since then it seems that the Sweat Test can have many flaws.

It is important that it be done by an Accredited CF Center to avoid any problems. When you are given the results....dont except a "worded result" such as normal, low high or borderline. Get an actual number.

I dont want to scare you, but we have had people with low, borderline or negative sweat tests that got diagnosed through the genetic testing.

If you could share come of your sons symptoms, we might be able to give you some personal feedback as to our thoughts.

I am glad you found us & please ask or come back as often as needed during this whole process no matter what the results!

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />The "classic" CF symptoms are failure to thrive, poor weight gain, excessive appetite, respiratory infections, loose/bulky/smelly/greasy stools.
<br />
<br />There can also be sinus issues. Some have had all the symptoms & some have had 1. You are fortunate to have a doctor willing to test. We have had members who had all the obvious symptoms, but their diagnosis went undetected for a long time.
<br />
<br />May I suggest something to. A sweat test is usually the starting point of testing. Until genetic testing came, sweat tests were the only way to diagnose CF. Since then it seems that the Sweat Test can have many flaws.
<br />
<br />It is important that it be done by an Accredited CF Center to avoid any problems. When you are given the results....dont except a "worded result" such as normal, low high or borderline. Get an actual number.
<br />
<br />If you are in doubt at any time of the results...demand the genetic testing.
<br />
<br />
<br />I dont want to scare you, but we have had people with low, borderline or negative sweat tests that got diagnosed through the genetic testing.
<br />
<br />If you could share come of your sons symptoms, we might be able to give you some personal feedback as to our thoughts.
<br />
<br />I am glad you found us & please ask or come back as often as needed during this whole process no matter what the results!
<br />
<br />HUGS

mrsp86

thanks for the reply my sons symptoms sre
1- failure to thrive he was admitted to hospital on the 30th of july for this
2-poor apitite as he is very sick has been since birth he is only on the first centile line on his plotting chart which is below the warning stage
3- caugh which he has had since birth really harsh
4-nappies oh my god they stink with white hard lumps in them although the poo is not formed
5-repeated bronculitus and other infectons due to low immune system
6-he is very small for his age 15 months still fitting 6-9month clothes.
10- always seems bunged up at the nose like he is full of the cold
his test is being done at the sick kids hospital in edinburgh scotland x

mrsp86

2-poor apitite as he is very sick has been since birth he is only on the first centile line on his plotting chart which is below the warning stage
4-nappies oh my god they stink with white hard lumps in them although the poo is not formed

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

<br />1- failure to thrive he was admitted to hospital on the 30th of july for this
<br />2-poor apitite as he is very sick has been since birth he is only on the first centile line on his plotting chart which is below the warning stage
<br />3- caugh which he has had since birth really harsh
<br />4-nappies oh my god they stink with white hard lumps in them although the poo is not formed
<br />5-repeated bronculitus and other infectons due to low immune system
<br />6-he is very small for his age 15 months still fitting 6-9month clothes.
<br />10- always seems bunged up at the nose like he is full of the cold
<br />his test is being done at the sick kids hospital in edinburgh scotland x

JazzysMom

I am sorry to say that it sounds much like CF. IF you have to have this diagnosis then you are better to get it now when he is young & can get the maintenance & care early.

I am not sure how things work regarding testing by you, but we have many members from UK & at least 2 from Scotland that I know of who might be able to guide you if you need help with additional testing.

JazzysMom

I am sorry to say that it sounds much like CF. IF you have to have this diagnosis then you are better to get it now when he is young & can get the maintenance & care early.

I am not sure how things work regarding testing by you, but we have many members from UK & at least 2 from Scotland that I know of who might be able to guide you if you need help with additional testing.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I am not sure how things work regarding testing by you, but we have many members from UK & at least 2 from Scotland that I know of who might be able to guide you if you need help with additional testing.