please help

mrsp86

hi thanks for your reply this is turning out to be one of the most scaryest things waiting to find out he gets his test on the 8th so i will have to see what comes back. my poor wee lamb is poorly but he is a fighter x

mrsp86

hi thanks for your reply this is turning out to be one of the most scaryest things waiting to find out he gets his test on the 8th so i will have to see what comes back. my poor wee lamb is poorly but he is a fighter x

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

Marjolein

I'm sorry to hear that your son is struggling.
Like Melissa already says his symptoms do sound a lot like CF.

Ofcourse I hope the test is negative but if it turns out to be positive I hope you will find here all the support that you need. We are here to answer all your questions and it's also a place where you can vent, or just share your experiences.

One last thing, aks them to do a genetic full panel blood test. A lot of the time they first do sweattests but they can be inconclusive or sometimes even negative when a child does have CF.. When your boy does have CF it's good to know now so you can be proactive in his treatment.

Keep us updated...
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

Marjolein

Ofcourse I hope the test is negative but if it turns out to be positive I hope you will find here all the support that you need. We are here to answer all your questions and it's also a place where you can vent, or just share your experiences.

One last thing, aks them to do a genetic full panel blood test. A lot of the time they first do sweattests but they can be inconclusive or sometimes even negative when a child does have CF.. When your boy does have CF it's good to know now so you can be proactive in his treatment.

Keep us updated...

Marjolein

Keep us updated...

Marjolein

Keep us updated...

Marjolein

<br />Like Melissa already says his symptoms do sound a lot like CF.
<br />
<br />Ofcourse I hope the test is negative but if it turns out to be positive I hope you will find here all the support that you need. We are here to answer all your questions and it's also a place where you can vent, or just share your experiences.
<br />
<br />One last thing, aks them to do a genetic full panel blood test. A lot of the time they first do sweattests but they can be inconclusive or sometimes even negative when a child does have CF.. When your boy does have CF it's good to know now so you can be proactive in his treatment.
<br />
<br />Keep us updated...
<br />I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you

mrsp86

it is a sweat test they are doing i hope it is negative but in a funny way if it was positive it would be a releife as i would know what was wrong with him . it is not helped by the fact that my eldest daughter has an imotonal imbalance and my husband done a runner in april and aint seen him since where doo i get the blood test done

mrsp86

it is a sweat test they are doing i hope it is negative but in a funny way if it was positive it would be a releife as i would know what was wrong with him . it is not helped by the fact that my eldest daughter has an imotonal imbalance and my husband done a runner in april and aint seen him since where doo i get the blood test done

mrsp86

mrsp86

mrsp86

dyza

Hi there I'm in Scotland, our son's treatment is west coast (paisley) but I'm sure that it will be the same course of treatments and tests. IT does sound very much like CF with these symptoms. You can get a negative result with a sweat test, so it can not be taken for granted, a genetic test is and will be the next course that should be taken.
Did they not find anything in the guthrie test (heel prick)when your son was born? CF has been included in the guthrie test for the past 5 years in Scotland. That is how our son was found to have CF.
Any question you can think of or need to talk to just pm me and either myself or my wife will get back to you.

Craig

dyza

Hi there I'm in Scotland, our son's treatment is west coast (paisley) but I'm sure that it will be the same course of treatments and tests. IT does sound very much like CF with these symptoms. You can get a negative result with a sweat test, so it can not be taken for granted, a genetic test is and will be the next course that should be taken.
Did they not find anything in the guthrie test (heel prick)when your son was born? CF has been included in the guthrie test for the past 5 years in Scotland. That is how our son was found to have CF.
Any question you can think of or need to talk to just pm me and either myself or my wife will get back to you.

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

Craig

dyza

<br />Did they not find anything in the guthrie test (heel prick)when your son was born? CF has been included in the guthrie test for the past 5 years in Scotland. That is how our son was found to have CF.
<br />Any question you can think of or need to talk to just pm me and either myself or my wife will get back to you.
<br />
<br />Craig