PLEASE READ - I really need help

Anomie

Well that is just horrible news...The CF center at Seattle Children's is really good and highly ranked. I don't know what to say. Why is the UW so bad?

Anomie

Well that is just horrible news...The CF center at Seattle Children's is really good and highly ranked. I don't know what to say. Why is the UW so bad?

markus4

So what you need to do is go to the ER at the UW center...UW has actually changed quite a bit from back in the day and I think its a lot better then going any where outside that doesnt specialize in CF. Dr Wood was good but had no clue with what was going on in the CF world of medicine I would often have to bring in things I found here and ask her.

Now I have been going to the CF clinic once again for just over a year and they are great! the hardest part unfortunately is being seen for the first time since they only clinic I believe two days a week and they see so many people but the docs are in the hospital and attending patients so if you are really sick go to the ER and get admitted you will be seen by the CF docs. But in my opinion the UW is great they are on top of all the research and trying to get people involved with studies..

So make sure that you go get admitted through the ER at the UW.

markus4

So what you need to do is go to the ER at the UW center...UW has actually changed quite a bit from back in the day and I think its a lot better then going any where outside that doesnt specialize in CF. Dr Wood was good but had no clue with what was going on in the CF world of medicine I would often have to bring in things I found here and ask her.

Now I have been going to the CF clinic once again for just over a year and they are great! the hardest part unfortunately is being seen for the first time since they only clinic I believe two days a week and they see so many people but the docs are in the hospital and attending patients so if you are really sick go to the ER and get admitted you will be seen by the CF docs. But in my opinion the UW is great they are on top of all the research and trying to get people involved with studies..

So make sure that you go get admitted through the ER at the UW.