pnuemonia is looking worse

ShannonB

So Josh has been in since December 28th, he asked me to come on here and update everyone. Since he has been in they have told him about 2 new bacterias that he has cultured and that he has pnuemonia. Well they did a CT and that is what showed the pnuemonia, so they put him on Levaquin along with the Vanco, and Zocyn. So he is on 3 IV antibiotics.

Well yesterday they did another CT and his lungs look worse than before. So they uped his levaquin from 500 to 1000. The meds were wiping him out before, now that they are uped who knows how he will feel. The pnuemonia is causing him a lot of pain when he breaths and coughs, not to mention the pain in his back.

We were thinking that he would be out by next tuesday which would make 3 weeks but now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks.

He wanted me to ask if anyone has heard of or cultured sphingomonas paucimobilis, that is the most reasent cultured. the other one I posted in another post. Any info woild help I couldn't find anything when I looked other than whereit cancome from, we just are worried about how it will affect his lungs.

Thank you everyone for your support.

ShannonB

So Josh has been in since December 28th, he asked me to come on here and update everyone. Since he has been in they have told him about 2 new bacterias that he has cultured and that he has pnuemonia. Well they did a CT and that is what showed the pnuemonia, so they put him on Levaquin along with the Vanco, and Zocyn. So he is on 3 IV antibiotics.

Well yesterday they did another CT and his lungs look worse than before. So they uped his levaquin from 500 to 1000. The meds were wiping him out before, now that they are uped who knows how he will feel. The pnuemonia is causing him a lot of pain when he breaths and coughs, not to mention the pain in his back.

We were thinking that he would be out by next tuesday which would make 3 weeks but now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks.

He wanted me to ask if anyone has heard of or cultured sphingomonas paucimobilis, that is the most reasent cultured. the other one I posted in another post. Any info woild help I couldn't find anything when I looked other than whereit cancome from, we just are worried about how it will affect his lungs.

ShannonB

ShannonB

ShannonB

<br />
<br />Well yesterday they did another CT and his lungs look worse than before. So they uped his levaquin from 500 to 1000. The meds were wiping him out before, now that they are uped who knows how he will feel. The pnuemonia is causing him a lot of pain when he breaths and coughs, not to mention the pain in his back.
<br />
<br />We were thinking that he would be out by next tuesday which would make 3 weeks but now it looks like it will be another 2 weeks.
<br />
<br />He wanted me to ask if anyone has heard of or cultured sphingomonas paucimobilis, that is the most reasent cultured. the other one I posted in another post. Any info woild help I couldn't find anything when I looked other than whereit cancome from, we just are worried about how it will affect his lungs.
<br />
<br />Thank you everyone for your support.

rosco

Hoping that you will soon be feeling better and that you will be back home with your lovely family. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers

rosco

Hoping that you will soon be feeling better and that you will be back home with your lovely family. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers

rosco

rosco

rosco

<br />.