Pork allergy

CJPsMom

I'm a CF mom and we just found out that our little one is allergic to pork.  Pancreatic enzymes are made from pigs.<br><br>Anyone else have this problem.  If so, what did you do?<br>

CJPsMom

I'm a CF mom and we just found out that our little one is allergic to pork. Pancreatic enzymes are made from pigs.<br><br>Anyone else have this problem. If so, what did you do?<br>

CJPsMom

I'm a CF mom and we just found out that our little one is allergic to pork. Pancreatic enzymes are made from pigs.<br><br>Anyone else have this problem. If so, what did you do?<br>

CJPsMom

We just put it all together - all because I made a joke about the pork allergy.  I've joked for the last four weeks that I knew it wasn't pork because I hadn't given my then 7 month old pork...<br><br>Right now, we're going to stop giving enzymes orally and just give them to him through his tube.  I'm waiting to hear back from the allergist as I'm really curious as to what she'll say.<br><br>The good news is that we were already scheduled for a follow-up endoscopy on 10/3, so we might know something then.  <br><br>Am still curious to know if anyone else is dealing with/has dealt with this issue.<br>

CJPsMom

We just put it all together - all because I made a joke about the pork allergy. I've joked for the last four weeks that I knew it wasn't pork because I hadn't given my then 7 month old pork...<br><br>Right now, we're going to stop giving enzymes orally and just give them to him through his tube. I'm waiting to hear back from the allergist as I'm really curious as to what she'll say.<br><br>The good news is that we were already scheduled for a follow-up endoscopy on 10/3, so we might know something then. <br><br>Am still curious to know if anyone else is dealing with/has dealt with this issue.<br>

CJPsMom

We just put it all together - all because I made a joke about the pork allergy. I've joked for the last four weeks that I knew it wasn't pork because I hadn't given my then 7 month old pork...<br><br>Right now, we're going to stop giving enzymes orally and just give them to him through his tube. I'm waiting to hear back from the allergist as I'm really curious as to what she'll say.<br><br>The good news is that we were already scheduled for a follow-up endoscopy on 10/3, so we might know something then. <br><br>Am still curious to know if anyone else is dealing with/has dealt with this issue.<br>

JaneCFer

I found this study that might be helpful to read. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/102/1/e13.full.pdf

JaneCFer

I found this study that might be helpful to read. http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/102/1/e13.full.pdf

JaneCFer

J

jillgcaceres

Hi there,We have also just found out that our 2.5 yo has a pork allergy. He's been vomiting multiple times a day since he was an infant. I'm curious as to what you ended up doing? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!Jill

J

jillgcaceres

Hi there,We have also just found out that our 2.5 yo has a pork allergy. He's been vomiting multiple times a day since he was an infant. I'm curious as to what you ended up doing? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!Jill

J

jillgcaceres