Port Question

blondelawyer

So my husband had his port placed about a week and a half ago. He said that his skin right over the port is numb--he can touch it and doesn't feel it. The skin around the outside is sore, it is just the center that is numb. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal or should he be freaked out? He doesn't remember this happening with his first port.

Thanks!

blondelawyer

So my husband had his port placed about a week and a half ago. He said that his skin right over the port is numb--he can touch it and doesn't feel it. The skin around the outside is sore, it is just the center that is numb. Anyone else experience this? Is it normal or should he be freaked out? He doesn't remember this happening with his first port.

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

blondelawyer

Thanks!

JennifersHope

HMMM as usual we are in the same situation.. I Had my port place a week ago Thursday.... and my has been accessed since then.... I have numbness directly on top of it. but huge bruises all around it..

My port is also oozing blood from, where it is accessed and I have to change the dressing sometimes daily

So to answer the question, I think it could be normal for it to be numb there since I am... either that or we both have something wrong...

JennifersHope

HMMM as usual we are in the same situation.. I Had my port place a week ago Thursday.... and my has been accessed since then.... I have numbness directly on top of it. but huge bruises all around it..

My port is also oozing blood from, where it is accessed and I have to change the dressing sometimes daily

So to answer the question, I think it could be normal for it to be numb there since I am... either that or we both have something wrong...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

idajune

I am not sure how either of yours were placed, I am beginning to think there are different ways this is done. My port was pushed in about three inches from where the incision was (almost like magic). My only suggestion is because the nerves are cut where the port has been placed that there is numbness. if you are concerned I would just call the nurse of the surgeon (or someone) and check. I don't recall if it was numb or not, been too long ago (5 years). I just know that it hurt for days and then one day, it didn't hurt anymore.

Best of luck!

idajune

I am not sure how either of yours were placed, I am beginning to think there are different ways this is done. My port was pushed in about three inches from where the incision was (almost like magic). My only suggestion is because the nerves are cut where the port has been placed that there is numbness. if you are concerned I would just call the nurse of the surgeon (or someone) and check. I don't recall if it was numb or not, been too long ago (5 years). I just know that it hurt for days and then one day, it didn't hurt anymore.

Best of luck!

idajune

Best of luck!

idajune

Best of luck!

idajune

Best of luck!