port with drawing blood

R

ralika

yeah i always flush it well with saline and heprine after each use also i let ethnole sit in it 3 times a week do help prevent infections

R

ralika

yeah i always flush it well with saline and heprine after each use also i let ethnole sit in it 3 times a week do help prevent infections

R

ralika

R

ralika

R

ralika

JenDiS

I have a 22 guage 1 inch needle in right now in my port...are they flushing with heparin only?

For some reason here they are flushing with only heparin and I have to tell them to get saline (isnt that sad?)...I worry though that that is going to just clog my port line and when they pull blood back in the line I feel like its going to clog automatically....

Im not sure why that is happeneing to your port...could it be ethnole? I havent even heard of ethnole before...

JenDiS

I have a 22 guage 1 inch needle in right now in my port...are they flushing with heparin only?

For some reason here they are flushing with only heparin and I have to tell them to get saline (isnt that sad?)...I worry though that that is going to just clog my port line and when they pull blood back in the line I feel like its going to clog automatically....

Im not sure why that is happeneing to your port...could it be ethnole? I havent even heard of ethnole before...

JenDiS

JenDiS

JenDiS

<br />
<br />For some reason here they are flushing with only heparin and I have to tell them to get saline (isnt that sad?)...I worry though that that is going to just clog my port line and when they pull blood back in the line I feel like its going to clog automatically....
<br />
<br />Im not sure why that is happeneing to your port...could it be ethnole? I havent even heard of ethnole before...

R

ralika

no i use saline too
the ethnole just sits so many times per week then i suck it out to help prevent infection

R

ralika

no i use saline too
the ethnole just sits so many times per week then i suck it out to help prevent infection

R

ralika

no i use saline too

R

ralika

no i use saline too

R

ralika

no i use saline too
<br />the ethnole just sits so many times per week then i suck it out to help prevent infection

Uli

We don´t take blood out of my port; I didn´t want that and now no blood is flushing back or can be drawn. But the port is working, everything is flushing inside without problems, so thats just fine with me and my doc.

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

We don´t take blood out of my port; I didn´t want that and now no blood is flushing back or can be drawn. But the port is working, everything is flushing inside without problems, so thats just fine with me and my doc.

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

Uli,46, Germany

Uli

<br />
<br />Uli,46, Germany