portable nebs?

wallflower

My boyfriend and I are talking about taking a camping trip next year. I know that there are portable nebulizers, but have any of you had good luck with them? Or know of any that don't need electricity? My nebs usually take 45 minutes, and from what I've heard, most portable nebulizers don't stay charged that long.

33 w/CF

anonymous

We go camping every year in fact going in 2 weeks. For my nebs we take a power inverter. Its like the thing you jump your car with. It has plugs on the side so it works for my nebs when there's no electric. You can buy a portable unit for the car too. Their anywhere from $30-$100. Walmart, Meijer, Kmart. Good luck. Becky in Mich

anonymous

PARI-TREK is the one we found. Kit comes with dc/ac/auto adapters. Walgreen's can get them, but our DME company (Apria) was cheaper by far, and insurance covered it after a bit of finagling (medically necessary to do nebs when not at home). They have a website. Good luck and have fun. jan

nobody

PARI-TREK is the BOMB!!!!
Try e-bay - new only. I got mine for somewhere near $50.00.
It comes with everything you need (tubing/car plug/battery/wall plug and compressor)
Nebulization time is just the same as a larger one.
-steve

anonymous

We are using a new nebulizer by Pari called the eFlowSCF. This nebulizer will run on batteries/car or AC. It nebulizes my tobramycin in less than 5 minutes. It has no pump or tubing. I can nebulize my Albuterol, Pulmozyme and Tobramycin in about 40 minutes total. I love this neb!!!

You can get a eFlowSCF from Foundation Care or call for more info. Thjey are very helpful. 877-291-1122.

ES

CheerColl

Anon, have they prescribed Pulmozyme specifically for your e-flow or are you just putting the pulmozyme you always got in there?

anonymous

What frustrates me is that e-flow or pari-trek isnt available in Ireland due to insurance. In Ireland healthcare is free, so the healthboard decides what gets covered. I myself have private healthcare but it makes no difference! Ugh

Shamrock, x

anonymous

i was wondering if the eflow is available in the US for sale.. i thought it was only for ppl who were participating in the clinical trial.....

anonymous

Has anybody got this one and can you take colomycin and pulmo in it?

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.healthchecksystems.com/nebulizers.htm">click here to see it</a>

Its the first one on the page.

Thanks, Shamrock, x

wallflower

Thanks for all the great responses! I am not supposed to speed up the neb time (too much med too fast), so some of these won't work that well for me. I will check out the Parli and the power inverter for sure!

Justsmurfin

I have the Omron Microair VMT. Its silent and runs on two AA batteries. Goes for about 6 treatments on a set of batteries. However it doesn't nebulizer drugs other than the standard albuterol/xopenex/atrovent/pulmicort/intal well. And the Mesh cap is expensive to replace!

I just ordered a Pari Trek for $165 with battery pack and all the plugs. I've heard great things about it and can't wait to get mine.

I also had an OMron Compair Elite and the battery pack on it sucks!

anonymous

I use an eFlow and live in the U.S. I did not have to participate in any clinical trial. My doctor connected me w/ a pharmacy called Foundation Care who sells the device and meds...877-291-1122

ES