portable nebulizer machines

robbiekay

I want to purchase a portable nebulizer machine does any one have any recommendations my son uses peri nebs and does 2 nebs 3x a day and caston every other month the portable nebulizer machine I found look like they are one use only before cleaning and can any one tell me is there a real difference between utra sonic and the standered machines ? any suggestions would be great

M

momofmia

hi,
The Pari Sprint is the only way to go. It has a long lasting charge and is lightweight. My daughter took it with her to camp this year

Beccamom

We have the Pari S Trek compressor and it worked well for vacation. It comes with house and car plugs and a battery can be purchased as well. You can use any Pari neb cups you already use with it. As for the VMT we bought an Omron when we thought our daughter had asthma before CF treatment and do not use it because I have not found a way to sterilize it. Does anyone know of a good ultrasonic that can be purchased.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Only problem with the Pari Trek is that it doesn't have enough psi for drugs like Tobi or Pulmozyme. So the medicine is basically wasted and you're not getting the full effect of the medicine. Not sure how the other nebs compare, but if you're going to neb anything other than albuterol/atrovent (bronchiodialator), I'd make darn sure you're not wasting your money.

We have nebbed in the car using a power inverter (cig lighter adaptor) with our Pari Proneb Ultras and now Vios and our VW Jetta has a plug-in, in the back seat that has enough wattage to run the machine on the road.

Tisha

I love the eFlow, it's fast and fantastic! And extremely light, can be used on batteries or in the car as well. It's our main device in Mallorca (Spain) and also in Sweden.